Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mavs free agency and draft discussion (welcome back TC!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow now they are saying Dirk signed 3 years for 25 mil not 30! So they have more cap room than expected. Maybe keep Marion now?

Comment

• dirk is the man. sucks that he will be making beans but at least there is a front office job for him whenever is ready to hang it up.
      www.hppmotorsports.com
      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by bucky View Post
        If anyone can get a bounce back year out of Felton its the Mavs. They have usually had good success taking others problems and getting them to buy into the team concept. I can think of Van Exel, Deshawn Stevenson, Monta Ellis, Dejuan Blair, etc. off the top of my head. Well, all but Lamar Odom that is....
        What was the name of that player (think we got him from the Wizards) who we didn't have quite a year before they let him go. Rumor was he slept with Lebron's mom? That was another nut case the Mavs couldn't turn around.

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
        Wow now they are saying Dirk signed 3 years for 25 mil not 30! So they have more cap room than expected. Maybe keep Marion now?
        Oh wow I hadn't heard that one yet! Link??

Originally posted by momo View Post
        dirk is the man. sucks that he will be making beans but at least there is a front office job for him whenever is ready to hang it up.
        Dirk is one of, if not the the, most unselfish players in the NBA right now. I put him right up there with Tim Duncan as far as being low key and taking one for the team by giving the team a discount. I'll admit to having a man crush on Dirk

Comment

• Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
          Wow now they are saying Dirk signed 3 years for 25 mil not 30! So they have more cap room than expected. Maybe keep Marion now?
          And it figures I just got the alert through my ESPN app.

Comment

• Jose,
            They just mentioned it on The Ticket.

Comment

• And I'll go on to add that Dirk giving the Mavs a bigger discount than Duncan did the Spurs doesn't surprise me one bit.

Comment

• yea he's great.
                honestly i would probably feel the same in his shoes. if i know im playing for ~3 more years and im on a decline. i know i've made a lot of money and have everything i need, why not play these next few seasons with the franchise you helped build and make it the best roster to make these seasons as meaningful as possible. makes a long shot a bit more attainable. and who knows, just maybe you might be an example for others.
                www.hppmotorsports.com
                ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• what's funny is people are already speculating about 2015-16 free agency and how the next superstar to be available in the free agency market is durant. lakers and some other irrelevant teams will be looking to land him.

from what i have seen, durant is a class act too. i bet he stays put in OKC unless things turn sour there and they just aren't competitive.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                    What was the name of that player (think we got him from the Wizards) who we didn't have quite a year before they let him go. Rumor was he slept with Lebron's mom? That was another nut case the Mavs couldn't turn around.
                    Delonte West

Originally posted by momo View Post
                    what's funny is people are already speculating about 2015-16 free agency and how the next superstar to be available in the free agency market is durant. lakers and some other irrelevant teams will be looking to land him.

from what i have seen, durant is a class act too. i bet he stays put in OKC unless things turn sour there and they just aren't competitive.
                    Durant IS a class act, and wise beyond his years. There isn't a player in the NBA that can match his class, and heart. It would take something major for him to leave OKC.
                    Originally posted by BradM
                    But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                    Originally posted by Leah
                    In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post

Durant IS a class act, and wise beyond his years. There isn't a player in the NBA that can match his class, and heart. It would take something major for him to leave OKC.
                      I agree, maybe there isn't a SUPERSTAR that is as classy, other than Dirk.

This free agency has been pretty obvious how money hungry these guys are. Melo taking the money and forever losing in NY.
                      Bosh taking the money in Miami.

Its a money driven league 99.9% of time.

Comment

• Just got an alert that the Mavs just signed Rasheed Lewis. Not sure what to make of this move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jose View Post
                          Just got an alert that the Mavs just signed Rasheed Lewis. Not sure what to make of this move.
                          Rashard Lewis is a good pick up for the 1 year vet minimum. Shoots the 3 ball, championship experience with the Heat. He won't play a lot of minutes but should be a descent guy off the bench, along with Richard Jefferson.
                          '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

• Originally posted by 2cammer97 View Post
                            Rashard Lewis is a good pick up for the 1 year vet minimum. Shoots the 3 ball, championship experience with the Heat. He won't play a lot of minutes but should be a descent guy off the bench, along with Richard Jefferson.
                            That's good to hear. I was familiar with the name but not his stats. Sounds like the Mavs are getting some depth.

Comment

• JET wants to come back

Come on Mavs, make it happen. He's perfect for our bench.
                              Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

• Originally posted by mustang_marc View Post
                                http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/dal...a-maverick.ece

Come on Mavs, make it happen. He's perfect for our bench.
                                Surprised the Morning News is late to the punch with this. I heard about it on a couple of different blogs Tuesday and Wednesday. I wouldn't mind him coming back for the right price but is he over the hill yet? I didn't watch him much when he went to the Nets so don't know. Where is he at now? Golden State or Sacramento?

Talking about Delonte West the other day, ESPN Dallas posted this up earlier and thought it was interesting.

This is a series focusing on Dallas Mavericks of the past and how they're using the Las Vegas Summer League to try to extend their careers. LAS VEGAS -- Now with a clear mind, a positive outlook on life and a new baby, former Dallas Mavericks guard Delonte West is playing in the Las Vegas Summer League.

Comment

Working...
                                X