New track toy....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    pretty sure reasonably racy means it has numbers on it, a few stickers and isn't painted like a vein ridden blue testicle. Our POS neon hits all those except the last part! It's even for sale!

I've gotten to know Joey pretty well and he hates pretentious jackwads too! He is firm on safety but reasonable when it comes time to enjoy yourself.
    Maybe he shouldnt pop off at the mouth then.

PM me details on the neon, I had a guy call me the other day looking for a car.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

May hit you up for info on the shifter mods.

The 10 minute once over on the lift shows it has koni singles in the rear and something similar in the front with some spring kit. gutted interior but still has door windows and sunroof. two seriously old race seats, 4pt TC Kline bar and harnesses so old they take skin off the neck. Has a sun dried Momo steering wheel that is about 4" too far away and that is about it. Has 144k miles but all the wheel bearings are tight and so is the drive shaft and carrier. Car was maintained ok, but shows it age and hard life.

If I sold the engine and trans for a decent price, I'd do the LS swap but looking at a lot of the builds online today it's not as easy as it is made out to be. Not to mention the idea of it would be to make the car lighter but I don't want the T56 as it's so damn heavy. The shipping weight on the Jerico we just bought was 62#! I just don't think the tunnel is big enough....but maybe. Mostly, I want to drive it as it is so cheap compared to our Big cars.
      Do a modded s54, 400whp on an alpha N tune, 8500rpm and less $$ to swap than an ls ( may not be though since you have an ls already and it depends on the track type you race). It probably has the DA tc kline coils, super popular with the e36 track guys. When you go to a cage, let me have dibs on the bar and I'll hook you up with some parts, I have a lot for these right now since I just parted one out. What year and model?
      Last edited by VaderTT; 09-30-2014, 06:15 PM.
      Ded

Comment

95'

Comment

Curious, do you still run the Mustang in AI?
          Originally posted by MR EDD
          U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            Curious, do you still run the Mustang in AI?
            Nope. I had a falling out with the national director back in 2009 and decided to build the car for my enjoyment. The coyote swap and faceplated T56 bump me to Super Touring 1 as does my tire selection.

Mustang is an animal and should have it at the NASA event at TWS next weekend. It's not the prettiest car at the track but has a LOT of sorting and engineering into it and is usually one of the 5 or 6 fastest cars at the track only getting bested by truly awesome Vettes, GT3's, GT1 cars and radicals!

Comment

95'
              Ah, so it's an m3. I wasn't sure because if the repro m bumper cover. My 95 looks similar, sans huge wing and front aero splitter.
              Ded

Comment

Small update. I've been gutting out the sunroof and other unnecessary parts and wiring harness and dropped 175# out of it. Currently with two seats that ate on heavy mounts, the 4 pt bar and some heavy wheels, the car weighs 2616#. LS swap supposedly nets a 100# loss with a t56 and I will be installing something much lighter. There are a few things to add back but the goal at this point will be 2490# dry and 400rwhp with the LS6. Hope to start sourcing swap parts over the next few months and maybe have it running by the end of the summer. Woohoo!

Comment

oo, i need this.
                  www.hppmotorsports.com
                  ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

love it!
                    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Tyler, are you going to the toy run at ECR Saturday?
                      www.hppmotorsports.com
                      ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                        Tyler, are you going to the toy run at ECR Saturday?
                        I totally forgot about the toy run this year, I don't have anything that's track ready at this very moment so I guess I am out.
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

dang. i'm gonna go just to throw down a few shake down laps to make sure my car doesn't melt down with the new turbo

it's got a lot of heat shielding and stuff but it definitely gets hot.
                          www.hppmotorsports.com
                          ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ

Comment

Originally posted by momo View Post
                            dang. i'm gonna go just to throw down a few shake down laps to make sure my car doesn't melt down with the new turbo

it's got a lot of heat shielding and stuff but it definitely gets hot.
                            Damn, nice. Let me know if you need a co-driver.

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                              Do a modded s54, 400whp on an alpha N tune, 8500rpm and less $$ to swap than an ls ( may not be though since you have an ls already and it depends on the track type you race). It probably has the DA tc kline coils, super popular with the e36 track guys. When you go to a cage, let me have dibs on the bar and I'll hook you up with some parts, I have a lot for these right now since I just parted one out. What year and model?
                              Do you know anybody local that builds the 3.0 bmw engines ?
                              07 GT500
                              05 SRT10
                              88 turbocoupe T-bird
                              93 Cobra
                              86 coupe
                              Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                                Do you know anybody local that builds the 3.0 bmw engines ?
                                Call Texas Track Works, tell them you are from dfwmustangs, they deal with BMW's all the time and can point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
                                X