No announcement yet.

Carrying feels like a brick on my belt :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got my belt from here. they have several options on the belts as well.
    Tactical gear supply store featuring tactical equipment, tactical belts, rifle slings and outdoor gear made in USA. Tactical online supply and accessories store.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I have a crossbreed leather gunbelt I really like, but my favorite is the 5.11 belt which I have in both 1.5" and 1.75", depending on what I am carrying.

I am 5'6", 170lbs, not fat but not skinny either, and can carry a glock 19 if I need to. Usually I carry a single stack kahr; the CM9 just disappears on me, especially if I go with certain holsters. Took me several gun/holster/belt combos to figure it out but it can be done. After a good belt, one of the biggest changes I made was buying pants one size bigger than normal. That really helped everything fit better.

Also try pocket carry if you need to; I have used it before, it just isn't my personal favorite.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

A good belt and holster definitely help but at the end of the day a 2 lb pistol is still a 2 lb pistol. You will always know it's there if carrying IWB.

This is why I now just carry either my LCP or my wife's Sig P238. It's just more comfortable and convenient which results in carrying more often. Especially with chasing my two young kids around I have to worry less about printing and such with the pocket pistols.

Marcus
        '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

I don't get it. I've got a crossbreed style holster for my xds 4" and it disappears quickly. It is light and thin, very concealable- even with q regular dress belt
          2012 GT500

Comment

I've never really had an issue unless shirt has to be tucked. I carry my xds9 and my glock 19 just fine otherwise.

If I'm in business attire, and not wearing a jacket, then I pocket carry my lcp.

If glock comes out with a g42 sized 9mm in a few days, I'll most likely find a good tuckable holster and run that.

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
              How does everyone carry and say "the gun just disappears". I've tried a few holsters and belts and definitely never had that thought cross my mind. To me there's a damn brick yanking down on my jeans no matter what I do. Currently I have a 1/4" thick bull hide belt and a hybrid holster (iwb leather/Kydex combo). It's the typical copy that every company seems to make with double belt clips. I still hate that thing too. I'm average/athletic build (6ft/180lbs), what options can I try?

I carry an xds 9mm 3.3". I've also tried n82 pro holster but seems like one clip makes me even more aware of the weight. I also tried a Desantis mini slide high ride owb holster but the butt of the gun falls outward and didn't conceal at all.
              Originally posted by spederman View Post
              Yeah, it's a heavy beast loaded. Just gun and empty mag is 23oz. Add 8 round of 147gr 9mm and it's definitely not light for me.

I've thought about the revolver route, shot a buddy's SW 38sp with 1" barrel and the thing was a hand cannon. Absolutely no fun to even practice with at the range. But then maybe I'm just a pussy lol
              Man I don't know why you would consider a fully loaded 9mm XDs a "beast". Or shooting a 1" barrel S&W a "hand cannon". For reference I own a Ruger LCR that has a 1.8" barrel on it and I have shot both .38 Special +P and .357 Magnum. The .357 was punishing but I went through a couple of cylinders of it just to make sure I could shoot accurately enough with it.

Anyway, I'm going to go with getting a better belt. As what's been mentioned here, I use a The Wilderness Instructors belt and it really does make a big difference. Can't remember but I got it with the upgraded "5" stitch (??) option that makes it a bit stiffer. The previous belts I used basically sucked and I didn't feel comfortable or safe carrying a gun. With the Instructor belt and a good holster, I comfortably carry a full size 1911 without a problem. I even carry it at home since it really doesn't bother me. Anyway I would suggest a new belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                Man I don't know why you would consider a fully loaded 9mm XDs a "beast". Or shooting a 1" barrel S&W a "hand cannon". For reference I own a Ruger LCR that has a 1.8" barrel on it and I have shot both .38 Special +P and .357 Magnum. The .357 was punishing but I went through a couple of cylinders of it just to make sure I could shoot accurately enough with it.
                Your LCR weighs 17oz though...

My 360PD weighs 11.5oz. It is not "pleasant" to shoot w/ magnum rounds.
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

I honestly didn't know what gun he (or you) were referencing. Only that it was a revolver and the one he mentioned was a 1" barrel. Do you have problems shooting .38 Special out of it?

Comment

I don't have a problem shooting .357mag out of it

I didn't buy it for target practice!
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post

The pain from shooting 357 mag goes away once your hand goes numb....lol

Comment

Anyone ever worn a 5.11 tactical bdu belt? I habe some money to blow at academy (gift card from christmas) and thats only gun belt ibe found.online at academy

Comment

Originally posted by runin90lx View Post
                          Anyone ever worn a 5.11 tactical bdu belt? I habe some money to blow at academy (gift card from christmas) and thats only gun belt ibe found.online at academy
                          You want the one that has velcro, whichever model that is. Without the velcro the belt won't stay as you adjusted it all day. The ones with velcro run around $50 I believe, but that is definitely the one you want. It will also be very thick. I recommend the 1.5"; it is a little less sturdy, but the 1.75" is so thick it doesn't fit into all belt loops easily in my experience.
                          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

The 1.75 wont fit my crossbreed hooks so 1.5 is a must. I think the one with velcro is called operator

Comment

My RIA 1911 is heavy as hell but isn't too uncomfortable with my alien gear IWB. I use a fossil belt. I probably need to invest in a better belt but it's doing the job.
                              07 f250-family truckster
                              08 Denali -baby hauler
                              52 f1-rust bucket
                              05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                              livin the double-wide dream

Comment

After awhile you will not notice carrying a "Brick" at all and you will feel like something is missing if you don't have it.

In regular weather I pocket carry 2 J frame S&Ws and about half the time I carry a BHP as well in a Galco Combat Master belt holster. In colder weather I carry the same 2 J frames but will carry anything from a G20 to a Delta Elite in a Galco shoulder rig. Sometimes I will ankle carry a J frame just so I can stay used to doing so. For a belt I like the 5.11 Instructors model with the heavy metal buckle and the Velcro backup or any of the 1.75" premium leather belts offered by holster makers.
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X