Welding table question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by projectPONY View Post
    a thicker top will handle the heat better without warping on you as you weld. warping will give you untrue fitment of what your welding. I've seen this first hand on a welding table that only had a 1/4" top. halfway through the welding process the table got a bow in the middle and buddy couldn't clamp it down properly anymore. IMO, if your table is not too large the minimum thickness should be 3/8".
    Gotcha, I have never had this issue but I have never used a table like that before either, thanks for the explanation.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Here is a high dollar table. We have about 5 of these at work

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
        Here is a high dollar table. We have about 5 of these at work

Bluco or demmeler ?
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

Bluco.

Comment

too nice for a fab shop.

more like something for someones garage...

My boy Neal aka Rings<co worker> doing his thing at the shop
            Day 2 of the fabrication on the Monster Camaro roll cage, stay tuned for more video updates and progress on this build.
            Last edited by d1tko; 03-25-2013, 02:42 PM.
            Originally posted by BoostedGT
            I got one of them POS x275 88mm's sitting on the work bench. Come get it.
            Originally posted by bigminz
            Hell no. Have you seen most of these cars up close? Death traps at those speeds.

Comment

For those interested, I just noticed eastwood came out with their own version of a fixturing welding table. Looks like an ok piece for almost a decent price. IMO the top is too thin at 11ga, especially with that many fixturing holes punched into it.

For fixturing and securing flat plates, rect. and square tubing, components.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Nice table a guy built over on the welding web forum.

Another one from garage journal

I though I would make a post since a few people were PM'ing asking questions. The table is 3 feet x 5 feet. The work surface is roughly 39 inches from the floor. The top is 1/2" thick. The top was CNC Laser cut. The slots are 5/8" wide to accept standard toe clamps used on milling machines...
                07 GT500
                05 SRT10
                88 turbocoupe T-bird
                93 Cobra
                86 coupe
                Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                X