Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
    sweet project. Who does your bodywork?
    one of my dads customers threw this together for him so it isn't the show quality most would want but it is exactly what dad wanted for this one. Cheap and good enough
    1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

I guess I pissed off the mod's on the HAMB, They banned me and deleted my new thread that a lot of people had been commenting on again, but surprise surprise a high poster came in again upset...lol

I always thought of the HAMB as a true hot rodders type place.. I guess I was wrong.

you ass holes more of a hot rodder's mentality then they do
      Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 03-20-2012, 01:57 PM.

Comment

Why does the motor run so rough upon start up? All "initial startup" videos of LS motors I've seen its like magic. They just fire up, and idle like they've been running forever.

Just curious about it. Like I said above, I really really want to put a 5.3 into something. I just havn't been around them much at all. I've got the shop, and the free time, but not the cash.
        DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

i always thought the HAMB was just grumpy old men that love hot rods but now it's allot of pre-Madonnas and rich people

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post
            Why does the motor run so rough upon start up? All "initial startup" videos of LS motors I've seen its like magic. They just fire up, and idle like they've been running forever.

Just curious about it. Like I said above, I really really want to put a 5.3 into something. I just havn't been around them much at all. I've got the shop, and the free time, but not the cash.
            I'll tell you EXACTLY why... and this is coming from something John said last night...

everyone that posts a "first start" video.. post the 3rd start so it sounds like everything is perfect. haha

I took 2 videos and that one was the first one and hasnt' been tuned (just an initial start up tune) hadn't even primed the fuel system or anything yet.

I'll see about starting it up again tonight and seeing how it runs

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
              i always thought the HAMB was just grumpy old men that love hot rods but now it's allot of pre-Madonnas and rich people
              BINGO!

my stand was that Hot Rodders are a group that are helpful and although they may not agree with the motor you put in, they don't kick you out of the room completely.

We are bringing back to life a rare old car and that was the main focus, I didn't put a lot of emphasis on the motor because I knew it didn't fit in over there.

The guy posted that posting that motor on the HAMB was just as dumb as posting it on a mustang forum..

I typed out an explanation about this place being a local group of people that are really more a band of brothers then a bunch of Mustang guys.

their definition of hot rodding on the hamb is not my definition for sure...

I bet they are the type that would just keep on driving if they saw a "hot rod" on the side of the road if they didn't know who they were.

I'm the type that will stop if someone isn't already stopped to help (the year I took the Galaxie to the round up I stopped on the side of the road to help some guys I didn't know. I gave them a ride to get gas and let them borrow my jump box and they brought it back to me at the show... THAT is hot rodder mentality to me.
              I think the person I helped is on here but I'm not 100% sure and I didn't know who he was at the time either0

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                BINGO!

my stand was that Hot Rodders are a group that are helpful and although they may not agree with the motor you put in, they don't kick you out of the room completely.

We are bringing back to life a rare old car and that was the main focus, I didn't put a lot of emphasis on the motor because I knew it didn't fit in over there.

The guy posted that posting that motor on the HAMB was just as dumb as posting it on a mustang forum..

I typed out an explanation about this place being a local group of people that are really more a band of brothers then a bunch of Mustang guys.

their definition of hot rodding on the hamb is not my definition for sure...

I bet they are the type that would just keep on driving if they saw a "hot rod" on the side of the road if they didn't know who they were.

I'm the type that will stop if someone isn't already stopped to help (the year I took the Galaxie to the round up I stopped on the side of the road to help some guys I didn't know. I gave them a ride to get gas and let them borrow my jump box and they brought it back to me at the show... THAT is hot rodder mentality to me.
                I think the person I helped is on here but I'm not 100% sure and I didn't know who he was at the time either0

Kudos to you and your dad! My type of folks that I cherish in my life. My only experience with real hot rod guys are from my trips to Mokan dragstrip out past Joplin, Missouri. Man that place is nostalgic in the middle of a corn field! I usually end up talking to people there more than actually watching the races. It’s allot fun and always renews my love for the car hobby.

I’ve been reading the HAMB for years but refrain from posting there because I know what I’ll get if I do.

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post

That is what hot rodding is all about!
                  92 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post

What Chris said and mostly because the car is tuned in SpeedDensity mode(no mass air flow sensor or o2 sensors). I simply flashed a startup file in the pcm when I handed it over to Chris. While the initial tuning process usually takes more time the end result is far superior. Cars like this adverage 23-26 miles to the gallon with a mix of street and highway driving. If they were tuned with a mass air flow the mpg would be in the 16-20 range.

Comment

Only got one pic of the car tonight and it's a bad one because John had just mopped the floor so I didn't get a good pic but we got the drivers side side pipe on {insert redneck face}

But that's what he wants!

I'll get more pics tomorrow of the wiring. It isn't exactly what I wanted it to look like but it'll do Tomorrow I have to wire a few things unde the dash and that will be done. Then we have to mount the pass side pipe ( ran out of wire for the welder)
                      Mount the power steering and alt, put on the belt Bleed the brakes. And hopefully take it around the block!

We are trying to get the car to the upholstery shop Friday night

( Sam you may need/want to come over Friday )

Comment

Oh ad we hang a few signs tonight

Comment

Awesome build!
                          2005 M3 Vert with TSW rims
                          2001 Dodge Dakota R/T C/H/I, gears, exhaust, and 125 shot of nos
                          2012 Ford Edge

Comment

Thanks

Comment

badass, you and john always build some cool rides!

oh and fuck those hamb fags, it's like they are brand loyal but ''time era'' loyal. i say again, fags!

Comment

Here is a little better pic that John took

Last edited by 2165 Turbo Rail; 03-21-2012, 08:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X