Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mavs free agency and draft discussion (welcome back TC!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mavs free agency and draft discussion (welcome back TC!)

Tyson Chandler is back along with Raymond Felton. Had to give up Dalembert, Calderon, Larkin, Ellington, and a second round pick.

Seems costly but glad to have him back. Also curious to see how Felton does with a change of scenery and Carlisle to bust his balls. He was pretty solid a number of years ago.

Oh and I decided to start a new thread that doesn't have Mavs and that jack ass from Miami mentioned in the same breath. Its not gonna happen anyways.

Sure hate to have to put Larkin in on that deal but glad to see Tyson back and Dalembert gone.

Comment

How does this affect the cap room? From what I read the Mavs are sending about 15 million to New York in exchange for 18 million with the contracts.
      Los Angeles Rams 11-5
      Last Game - Loss vs. San Fransisco
      Up Next - vs. Atlanta

2017 NFC West Division Champions

Comment

It takes them out of max contract guys like Melo and Lebron but they were not realistically in the running for those guys anyway. Chandler has this season and next on his 4/60mil deal left and i believe Felton is in his last year with a player option for next year. So it doesnt seem to handcuff them too bad.

Comment

Welp guess I can get rid of the "draft discussion" considering they shipped BOTH of tomorrows second round picks. Man I hope they know what they are doing.
          Last edited by TRAXX; 06-25-2014, 03:40 PM.

Comment

Correction...just read Tyson is in the last year of his deal

Comment

Originally posted by bucky View Post
              Correction...just read Tyson is in the last year of his deal
              Plus I bet Dirk signs a discount price.
              Los Angeles Rams 11-5
              Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

Originally posted by pHILSANITY07 View Post
                Plus I bet Dirk signs a discount price.
                I bet around 2 years for 10-12 mil a season. That will leave them with about 26 mil in cap space which is good. I would love for them to make an aggressive push for Bledsoe for the point but he's restricted and they would have to overpay to get him.
                I also read Melo has narrowed his choices of teams to talk to as Dallas, Houston, and Chicago with no clear favorite. If he really wants to play in Dallas, i am not sure how it could happen?

Comment

I just read the same thing about the cap room.

Devin Harris wants a multi year deal.
                  VC and Marion are free agents. VC's deal was around 3 mil a year when he signed 3 years ago. Marion was 9 mil, bet his will be less.

Wonder how much melo will ask? I think he's going where the money is
                  Los Angeles Rams 11-5
                  Up Next - vs. Atlanta

Comment

I like the deal. Hopefully Felton can produce. Chandler Dirk and Monta should be a nice trio on the court. I hope Monta is as good or better than he was last year.
                    Rachel McAdams nude pics

Comment

Just got around to posting on here. I heard about the trade this afternoon when I got an alert from the ESPN app and listened to allot of discussions on sports radio on the way home this afternoon.

I hate to lose Calderon because I thought he did pretty good running the offense and was a descent offensive threat. But he was a defensive liability even compared to a 38-39 year old Jason Kidd who had good spurts of defense. I think this is a good deal as long as we can either resign other guys around this unit such as Devin, the Matrix, and Vince Carter. I think these guys are still relevant as long as they are willing to sign for something reasonable so we still have money to maybe attract another good free agent or two.

I haven't checked but what's the status of DeJuan Blair and Brandon Wright's contract? They are key players IMO for next season.

Comment

I sort of like the deal but yet I'm amused with the Mavs and their pickups over the years. They keep resigning players we dropped over the years when they shouldn't have dropped them in the first place. Mavs still need to pickup at least one solid player that's not too past their prime. Rudy Gay or Kyle Lowry wouldn't be bad options in my opinion.

Comment

I think it was a great trade for Dallas. Chandler was an integral part of our Championship winning team. Again, I like this move. I hope we keep aggressive and put some feelers out there for some of these other FA's that can bring us the depth we've been lacking.

Comment

I know there have been some rumors about possible signing Pau Gassol. What do you guys think of that move if they can make it happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                              I know there have been some rumors about possible signing Pau Gassol. What do you guys think of that move if they can make it happen?
                              why would they make a move for Gassol if they just traded for Chandler?

Comment

Working...
                              X