Carrying feels like a brick on my belt :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying feels like a brick on my belt :(

How does everyone carry and say "the gun just disappears". I've tried a few holsters and belts and definitely never had that thought cross my mind. To me there's a damn brick yanking down on my jeans no matter what I do. Currently I have a 1/4" thick bull hide belt and a hybrid holster (iwb leather/Kydex combo). It's the typical copy that every company seems to make with double belt clips. I still hate that thing too. I'm average/athletic build (6ft/180lbs), what options can I try?

I carry an xds 9mm 3.3". I've also tried n82 pro holster but seems like one clip makes me even more aware of the weight. I also tried a Desantis mini slide high ride owb holster but the butt of the gun falls outward and didn't conceal at all.
    2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

I am a little taller than you but have the same problem. My solution has been to just not carry.

That said I would not advise this solution for most people.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Fat or skinny it was always more or less a hassle for me after awhile. Even when good in one position or another - when doing something different I was always readjusting.

I personally went pocket carry and use OWB for my other guns when in the woods or something.

Not worrying about printing real bad or it showing is a big reason why I'm all about non-concealed carry.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
        I am a little taller than you but have the same problem. My solution has been to just not carry.

That said I would not advise this solution for most people.
        Unfortunately, that's exactly what I end up doing, never carrying.

What sucks is I also hate having a belt on suffocating tight just so it holds everything up. Right now it's one hole too lose and the next too tight. I just ordered a uncle Mike instructor belt that has infinite adjustability, so we'll see if that makes a difference
        2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
          Not worrying about printing real bad or it showing is a big reason why I'm all about non-concealed carry.
          Yup, that's the reason I would love to have Texas be open carry state, not worrying about printing and being able to carry owb much more easily
          2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

Two questions:
            What is your environment? Outside? office worker? truck driver?

What is your physique? Are you like me and have no butt?

Comment

The instructor belt made a huge difference for me though, plus it's handy to have around.
              Originally posted by MR EDD
              U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

I'm 6ft 1 about 205 and sometimes I have to feel to make sure the g27 is still there. Carried in a cheap single clip IWB Don Hume. Caveat: Ive carried this same set up for years. I also use a wilderness instructors belt. It's great!

God bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

that XDS loaded should weigh in close to 2lbs w/ the holster, right?

I couldn't carry that all the time. It would drive me nuts.

but my little smith revolver is under 15oz loaded. less than half the weight. I literally don't even know it's there most of the time. THAT I can live with. And if THAT = 5 founds of .357mag? so be it
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                    I'm 6ft 1 about 205 and sometimes I have to feel to make sure the g27 is still there. Carried in a cheap single clip IWB Don Hume. Caveat: Ive carried this same set up for years. I also use a wilderness instructors belt. It's great!

God bless.
                    5 "8 190. IWB 4-5 o'clock very comfortable. Can't really feel the shield 9.

Lol I ordered a IWB tuckable holster for the G22. See if I can pull that off.
                    sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                    🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

What position are you carrying?
                      2012 GT500

Comment

I picked up a thicker belt, carry IWB at 2 o'clock and I am not having any issues. 5'8" 130 lbs
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by S_K View Post
                          Two questions:
                          What is your environment? Outside? office worker? truck driver?

What is your physique? Are you like me and have no butt?
                          I work from home so carrying is just when I'm out and about doing shit. And you are correct that I have absolutely no ass to hold up anything. Hell sometimes I have to wear 2 wallets just to make it look like I do lol. Other than that I'm your average healthy /athletic cut guy.
                          2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

I've tried carrying anywhere from 3 to 5 o clock position
                            2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                              that XDS loaded should weigh in close to 2lbs w/ the holster, right?

I couldn't carry that all the time. It would drive me nuts.

but my little smith revolver is under 15oz loaded. less than half the weight. I literally don't even know it's there most of the time. THAT I can live with. And if THAT = 5 founds of .357mag? so be it
                              Yeah, it's a heavy beast loaded. Just gun and empty mag is 23oz. Add 8 round of 147gr 9mm and it's definitely not light for me.

I've thought about the revolver route, shot a buddy's SW 38sp with 1" barrel and the thing was a hand cannon. Absolutely no fun to even practice with at the range. But then maybe I'm just a pussy lol
                              Last edited by spederman; 01-14-2015, 08:13 PM.
                              2002 4.6L 5spd S281

Comment

Working...
                              X