X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baylordjr View Post
    Ill thread your barrel.
    seems like sexual innuendo.
    "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
      seems like sexual innuendo.
      Yeah, I'm worried for ya know.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

in your endo

Comment

Originally posted by baylordjr View Post
          in your endo
          Oh he good.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Andrew (Atwell) does good work and his turn around time was pretty quick as well. I have had four guns threaded and my buddy has had just as many or more done and we have never had a problem with our suppressors.

Comment

Rough pricing on threading a Savage rifle .22 barrel?

I'm trying to decide if I buy a left handed model I want and thread the barrel myself or buy the model pre threaded. Price diff ~260.00
              WRX

Comment

Originally posted by mustang_revival View Post
                Rough pricing on threading a Savage rifle .22 barrel?

I'm trying to decide if I buy a left handed model I want and thread the barrel myself or buy the model pre threaded. Price diff ~260.00
                $75 to thread a barrel with Andrew Atwell.

Comment

Thank you. <((Oh just realized it was mention earlier in the thread))> :whoops:
                  WRX

Comment

Atwell has the fastest turnaround of any gunsmith I have ever dealt with.
                    Originally posted by lincolnboy
                    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                      Atwell has the fastest turnaround of any gunsmith I have ever dealt with.
                      Yeah I dropped off 3 more barrels at his shop last week, said they will be done this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                        Yeah I dropped off 3 more barrels at his shop last week, said they will be done this weekend.
                        That is insane. Usually when a smith gives you a quote on time, you multiply it by 2 or 3 then sit and wait (looking at you, Doc's).
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          That is insane. Usually when a smith gives you a quote on time, you multiply it by 2 or 3 then sit and wait (looking at you, Doc's).
                          Yeah, or in the case of King Armory, two weeks means 3 months, and concentric means baffle strike. And $160 means $220.
                          Last edited by CJ; 05-02-2013, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                            I believe they are new, I sent them an e-mail last night.

How was your opinion of Atwell? That's the one I had heard of. My concern is that the threads are perfectly straight, I have $1,200 at risk if it isn't.
                            Atwell shortened and re threaded a barrel for me. He did very nice work, but his time estimates are way off. He told me 3 weeks and it took 3 months. Don't bother trying to call him, just send an email, that was the fastest way to get a hold of him. He does this out of his house and gas a full time job, I think that's why its so hard to get a hold of him.

Comment

Originally posted by bigshoe View Post
                              Atwell shortened and re threaded a barrel for me. He did very nice work, but his time estimates are way off. He told me 3 weeks and it took 3 months. Don't bother trying to call him, just send an email, that was the fastest way to get a hold of him. He does this out of his house and gas a full time job, I think that's why its so hard to get a hold of him.
                              Since that post I've sent him like 7 barrels or so. For me he's usually pretty fast. He's a whole lot slower if you don't prep the barrel for him. He does runs every week or so on barrels, if you pull your barrel and get it prepped, he will throw it in on the next run and that's usually a few weeks at most.

Comment

Edit... I just saw the date on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X