Thai food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thai food

Thai food, and food from south-east Asia in general, who likes it?
    I have been on a pho and Thai curry kick for a while now, and I have started using fish sauce instead of salt in many other recipes. One of my main bitches is that I cannot get a few of the key fresh ingredients where I live which sucks.

Stevo
    Originally posted by SSMAN
    ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

I really like Thai food, Im a big yellow curry guy. If you like curry, you need to go eat Indian food.

Comment

Love me some pad thai, tom yam, green curry, satay!!

There's an ok thai place in Las Colinas.
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
        I really like Thai food, Im a big yellow curry guy. If you like curry, you need to go eat Indian food.
        I like it also, but I'm liking the coconut milk more than the yogurt that is added.

Some of the curry I have made lately had like 1/4 cup fresh chopped garlic and 1/4 cup fresh chopped ginger, etc. I buy my curry pastes, palm sugar, tamarind, kaffir lime leaves and fish sauce off Amazon since finding good quality locally is impossible, and have had to start buying fresh basil from local gardeners since getting a bunch from local stores is impossible. Most of the rest can be bought locally. My wife loves it, my kiddos not so much.

Stevo
        ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Fuck yeah it's good, but bad for me... I liek anything hot tho, the hotter the better!

Comment

Curries, Rad Na, lemongrass chicken, green papaya salad among many others. I have it once per week.
            Last edited by Geor!; 06-26-2012, 05:35 PM.
            How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

what's the beef dish with the chewy noodles called? Its kinda sweet? Goodluck trying to explain that to someone who barely speaks english. I had it once before and never could remember what it was.

Comment

moo goo gai pan
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Lemongrass is another thing I have to order online.

Stevo

Comment

I eat pho all the time. Perfect example of how the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Curry smells like armpit. All that I have smelled anyway.

Comment

Thai curry is different from Indian curry...

I like both now but it took a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by goofygrin View Post
                            Thai curry is different from Indian curry...

I like both now but it took a bit.
                            Yeah, I thought at first it was mainly the fact that Indian curry uses yogurt and Thai uses coconut milk, but the difference in spices plays into it as well.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by stevo View Post
                              Lemongrass is another thing I have to order online.

Stevo
                              No asian markets near you? What city are you in?

I like eating thai food!

Comment

Working...
                              X