No announcement yet.

How many of you would open carry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would only open carry when I go to star bucks and enjoy my latte in an 80's style running outfit.
    WRX

Comment

I wouldn't. If ever in a situation where bad people have guns you are the first target of opportunity.

Comment

I would open carry only to not have to worry about not being concealed all the time. I would move to OWB holsters and bigger guns like 1911 over IWB and Khars.

Nice OWB holster for a 1911 and extra mag plus an ankle holstered LCP.

There would be times where I would completely open carry and not worry about who saw, like when I would know for sure I would be around like minded folks.

Perfect description of the majority of CHL holders. IMHO

This is the way I would go. Open carry makes you a target and has an intimidating effect

on the general public that knows nothing about guns. If they are on the fence, this will

sway their thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
          I wouldn't. If ever in a situation where bad people have guns you are the first target of opportunity.
          I always hear this as the main argument against open carry but don't hear about that happening in any of the other "open carry" friendly states.

I don't particularly care either way if it passes or fails. If it passes I would open carry because I can and it would make things easier when I'm headed to the hunting lease.
          "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

The more I think about it the more I hope it passes. At the rate we get laws piled on us that can turn a regular Joe into a felon over a misstep in life; having them give us something back would be a change.
            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

I honestly would carry OWB with a shirt draped over and not worried if concealed or not.
              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                I honestly would carry OWB with a shirt draped over and not worried if concealed or not.
                Bingo.

Comment

Would be nice, OWB is more comfy when doing certain things. And would be nice to not have to worry about showing/printing.
                  1997 Miata - Weekend\Autox Car
                  1994 Mustang Cobra - Garage Shelf
                  2012 Mazda 3 - Daily

Comment

I could see having a shoulder rig with two glock 20's and 8 magazines

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
                      I could see having a shoulder rig with two glock 17's and 8 magazines
                      Carrying a 9mm, you'll need all that firepower and ammo.

Comment

Is there any law against open carrying a registered machine pisol?
                        Originally posted by lincolnboy
                        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          thats a good question

Comment

Not if said pistol has a stock and by definition in the rifle category.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                              Not if said pistol has a stock and by definition in the rifle category.
                              Say an M10 or an Uzi papered as an MG. Or hell, say you threw a pistol upper and buffer on your M16. Could one open carry that?
                              Originally posted by lincolnboy
                              After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Say an M10 or an Uzi papered as an MG. Or hell, say you threw a pistol upper and buffer on your M16. Could one open carry that?
                                Don't know. Id guess at no, but you could argue it either way. Even though its registered as one form, when you alter the physical characteristic only then you know the true nature of the weapon and not an LEO etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X