Wow... these prices are interesting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow... these prices are interesting

So, I haven't had a firearm in a couple years now and i'd like to pick up something to carry, as I'd like my CHL.

I'm seeing XDs for 600 bucks used and someone wanted 1400 for their Kimber ultra carry w/ crimson trace. Is this normal?

I was getting XDs in the past for 350-400 and I even picked up a Kimber ultra carry then for I believe 5 or 600.

I'm looking around and seeing the same thing on riverofguns and texashunting. I guess normal?

Wait 6 months...

Comment

600 for a used xd is stupid. I'm sure you could find a new one at a box store for $675ish.

Comment

Xdm at Plano academy off the toll way for $675.
        Ded

Comment

As reliable as my two colts have been, I still have a hard to trusting my life with a 1911 of any kind.

Paying more than 500 for a glock or XD is plain silly. Ive been trying to find a G32 for around 450-500. Prices are still high but theyre falling

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzo View Post
            As reliable as my two colts have been, I still have a hard to trusting my life with a 1911 of any kind.

Paying more than 500 for a glock or XD is plain silly. Ive been trying to find a G32 for around 450-500. Prices are still high but theyre falling
            You don't carry that New Agent? I actually bought mine to carry instead of my Glock 23.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip McNeely View Post
              You don't carry that New Agent? I actually bought mine to carry instead of my Glock 23.
              wanna sell that 23?

Dont get me wrong, I have shot all kinds of stuff through my New agent, and I have had zero problems. I really want to carry it, and Im sure I will. Its just hard for me to trust a 1911.

Comment

lol nah, I wanna hang on to that G23. It's old reliable. I just wanted something to carry that I could throw somewhere without a holster or a pocket if need be. Since it has 2 safeties that makes it doable, plus its lighter and smaller than the G23.

Comment

wanna sell that 23?

. Its just hard for me to trust a 1911.
                  Lolz. Why?

Comment

wanna sell that 23?

Dont get me wrong, I have shot all kinds of stuff through my New agent, and I have had zero problems. I really want to carry it, and Im sure I will. Its just hard for me to trust a 1911.
                    PM Sent
                    Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                    It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Skidmark View Post
                      So, I haven't had a firearm in a couple years now and i'd like to pick up something to carry, as I'd like my CHL.

I'm seeing XDs for 600 bucks used and someone wanted 1400 for their Kimber ultra carry w/ crimson trace. Is this normal?

I was getting XDs in the past for 350-400 and I even picked up a Kimber ultra carry then for I believe 5 or 600.

I'm looking around and seeing the same thing on riverofguns and texashunting. I guess normal?
                      The XDs and Kimber UC w/ CT grip, are these used guns you are seeing the prices of?

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                      Xdm at Plano academy off the toll way for $675.
                      What caliber?

As others have stated. Why? Is it a trust issue like you are worried that it won't go "bang" or is it a comfort issue with carrying it cocked and locked?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
                        As others have stated. Why? Is it a trust issue like you are worried that it won't go "bang" or is it a comfort issue with carrying it cocked and locked?
                        I just dont feel 1911's are a reliable platform.

Comment

My Colt Government Model (1965 vintage) would strongly disagree.

It has had at least 10,000 rounds through it with literally only a handful of malfunctions (and all of those were the ammo's fault). Between my father and myself, we have fired every type, weight, brand, and condition of ammo through it in every environment (short of Antarctic) that there is, and it just keeps going. Even with that many rounds it shows very little wear, not a rattle to be heard.
                          I would, and do, trust my life with it every single day without a second thought.
                          "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

In what way? They served the armed forces for what? 75 years? Until they replaced it, kicking and screaming, for the Beretta so we had the same pistol ammo as our allies.

I've owned a Kimber Customer Classic II for around 10 years now. Shot thousands of round through it and have NEVER had a failure of ANY kind with it. And I'll admit I don't clean it as regularly as some people do, carried alot and shot only at the range. I've carried this fairly regularly to, Summer, Winter, cutting the grass, camping, etc. No issues.

Hell my Glock 27 that I owned for a little over ten years (sold it a couple of years back) had one failure, the first time I had it at the range as a matter of fact. Firing some Corbon +P ammo and the slide went back and never went back into battery. Apparently the plastic guide rod broke. Went and bought another one locally because it was cheap enough and never fired +P ammo again (it fucking hurt to shoot!). Got a new guide rod mailed to me from Glock apparently because of some sort of recall because I never reported it.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is with any gun you want to fire enough rounds through it till you are comfortable that it will be reliable to depend your life on. Have you done that? I probably shot a couple of thousand rounds through my Customer II before I started carrying it. Mainly because I didn't have a good carry holster and belt for it and I still had the Glock 27 at the time. I really didn't start carrying a 1911 until after I sold that 27. And even then the time was split between the 1911 and a Glock 22 until I sold it to. Right now I'm all 1911's with 3 of them.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                              My Colt Government Model (1965 vintage) would strongly disagree.

It has had at least 10,000 rounds through it with literally only a handful of malfunctions (and all of those were the ammo's fault). Between my father and myself, we have fired every type, weight, brand, and condition of ammo through it in every environment (short of Antarctic) that there is, and it just keeps going. Even with that many rounds it shows very little wear, not a rattle to be heard.
                              I would, and do, trust my life with it every single day without a second thought.
                              I feel the exact same way although I've never had a failure to fire or eject on mine. About the only thing I did is replace the factory Kimber magazine with a Wilson. I tried some other magazines but none were better IMO than the Wilson 8 round 47D magazines. I even use them on my Ultra Carry. Only rattle I have with mine are when I have a loaded magazine inserted.

Comment

Working...
                              X