Sig Sauer 556

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sig Sauer 556

Went by the local Academy just to kill time before I had to go to work & walked out with a Sig 556 SWAT Patrol Rifle. They said they had just got it in. I couldn't help myself so I bought it. Any of you fellas have any experience with these rifles?

Not a bad rifle, although the ACOG mount I had on mine made operating the charging handle an issue at times. Also, unless they changed, they still have the pencil barrel, so try not to get too crazy with mag dumps (with current ammo prices who could). It did seem to be not as accurate as other AR type rifles. Other than that really, it was a cool rifle. Can't recall anything else.

-Eric

Comment

If you don't mind me asking, how much was it?

Comment

I have one. Here are a few points-

The good:
        Reliable as hell with 2 gas settings (one for the man who never, ever cleans his guns)
        Folding stock
        Full length picatinny rail

The Bad:
        Heavy as fuck
        Comically inaccurate; Seriously, fucking inaccurate with a wandering POI
        Long stroke gas piston that isn't connected to the BCG
        Optics are hard to mount because they will interfere with the charging handle being pulled back
        Reciprocating charging handle
        Not a real sig 550 series gun (made here with a shitty aluminum allow upper that really sucks)
        Originally posted by lincolnboy
        After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

It was $1259. plus tax.

Comment

Snapped a quick pic of it. Excuse the quality due to a cheap phone.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
              It was $1259. plus tax.
              that's a good buy these days!

Trigger is a little heavy but I love mine. I can shoot 300 rounds through it and not worry about cleaning it. My AR requires cleaning after 100rounds because all we can get is dirty ammo.

My 556 weighs nearly 8lbs empty...AR is like 5.5#.....but the 556 has a folding stock and fits under a jacket!

Comment

Got one too.... It has done some bad things... Left me with a few rounds Im scared of. Bullets pushed back into shells due to failure to cycle...

Net says its not broken in yet. Im kinda scared to shoot it again.
                Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Never shot one, but they are pretty heavy for an ar-type rifle.
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

It is heavy compared to my other AR's but kind of wanted it because it is different from what I have.

Comment

Working...
                    X