No announcement yet.

Must have tools for hunting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some use one to cut the pelvic bone. I don't use one I cut stuff out and leave it in tact.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
      Why will I need a hatchet?
      And on that note you must turn in your man card. One does not ever question the need to have a hatchet.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Why will I need a hatchet?
        You may need to remove them from brush
        07 f250-family truckster
        08 Denali -baby hauler
        52 f1-rust bucket
        05 Jeep tj. Buggy
        livin the double-wide dream

Comment

Good knife, good binos and shooting sticks. I never leave home without them
          "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
          East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
          https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
            You may need to remove them from brush
            Ahh, got ya.

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            And on that note you must turn in your man card. One does not ever question the need to have a hatchet.
            I was going to buy one regardless. Ive always wanted a hatchet.

Comment

Good call coach
              Originally posted by Sean88gt
              You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
              Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
              You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

This should do the trick!

Comment

I'm surprised no one has mentioned but find yourself the thickest, most puncture resistant gloves you can find. Pricking yourself while field dressing a hog could put your ass in the hospital (I've seen it happen to someone and have heard of others getting very sick)....they do carry diseases.

Comment

My tools when hunting hogs other than the rifle is a knife, pistol, gloves, and a flashlight.

Comment

I was going to buy one regardless. Ive always wanted a hatchet.
                      Oddly enough my wife said the same thing, a few times. Last trip home I stopped into CTD and bought her a Cold Steele tomahawk. Walked out with it in one hand and the baby in the car seat in the other.
                      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Oddly enough my wife said the same thing, a few times. Last trip home I stopped into CTD and bought her a Cold Steele tomahawk. Walked out with it in one hand and the baby in the car seat in the other.
                        "And from that day on, not a single F&^k was given"

True story
                        Originally posted by Sean88gt
                        You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                        Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                        You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                          I'm surprised no one has mentioned but find yourself the thickest, most puncture resistant gloves you can find. Pricking yourself while field dressing a hog could put your ass in the hospital (I've seen it happen to someone and have heard of others getting very sick)....they do carry diseases.
                          I did hear that hunting them in the summer time is a no go on eating the meat. They carry more parasites.

Any opinions on the gear I linked?

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            I hardly wear gloves but I always wash my hands with hydrogen peroxide after and have yet to have any problems. As of lately all I keep is the backstrap since there is no gutting required for that and this only done on occasion since most are shot for crop destruction.
                            Last edited by dee; 05-08-2013, 08:27 PM.
                            "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

This time of year, some snake boots or removable snake guards wouldn't be a bad idea...
                              First aid kit
                              LED headlamp
                              Good flashlight
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                              X