Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anybody tried to become a vegetarian?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad eats a lot of Indian food. If he does eat meat, it's just a little fish every now and again. A lot of the paleo crowd is squarely raw/vegan, so you could see if any of those recipes appeal to you. You might see what sugars you take in, and see if limiting those will help. I cut out sugar in my coffee, tee, and basically quit soda, and I feel a lot better. My old lady has a degree in food science, if you want to talk to her about it. Good luck, man.
    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I try 2 days a week or so to eat vegetarian for health/diet purposes. As mentioned watch your sugars. I get into trouble with my fruit/veggie intake due to sugar content and sometimes carbs. I only eat fresh with a little frozen in the mix at times and still have issues so definitely stay away from the canned crap.

Grilled veggie pouches, fajita seasoned veggies in low fat pita bread, stir fry, etc are easy, but watch your sodium intake.

Comment

I love me a good salad.

To go with my steak.

Comment

been there, done that, nuts dropped
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

The only reason I could see a doctor recommend becoming a vegetarian is if he is one himself. Unless it's just a quicker way to dropping blood pressure than eating an all around nutritious diet. My roommate went on a nearly full vegetarian diet minus maybe like 2 or 3 meals a day with chicken and he lost a lot of weight but all in all he looked like he was about the same body fat composition. Seeing those results just confirmed that being a vegetarian is bullshit. At least to me.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
              The only reason I could see a doctor recommend becoming a vegetarian is if he is one himself. Unless it's just a quicker way to dropping blood pressure than eating an all around nutritious diet. My roommate went on a nearly full vegetarian diet minus maybe like 2 or 3 meals a day with chicken and he lost a lot of weight but all in all he looked like he was about the same body fat composition. Seeing those results just confirmed that being a vegetarian is bullshit. At least to me.
              Oh

Comment

You can eat like shit and be a vegetarian or a vegan even. I think if you go for a plant based diet it is probably the best diet, then bring back lean meats when you get the bp under control.

Comment

Take a look at the Engine 2 Diet book. Its pretty much a firefighter who made vegetarian meals that his station buddies would eat. Some are good, others were meh... Overall it was worthwhile to try different things and learn how some foods can be meat free but not disgusting.

Comment

"Science don't real, only feels."

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      Oh
                      Haha. I meant week.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                        "Science don't real, only feels."
                        From your earlier post, I'm all about the paleo diet if done right. Unfortunately I find myself eating about 90% meat and 10% veggies, if that. Then I'll crack and eat a fuck-ton of carbs for a couple of days. The only problem I have with vegetables is forcing myself to eat enough of them before they go bad after I buy them, so I just don't buy them very often. Meat, I usually cook, then put in the fridge and over a week or so they'll be gone.

Comment

From your earlier post, I'm all about the paleo diet if done right. Unfortunately I find myself eating about 90% meat and 10% veggies, if that. Then I'll crack and eat a fuck-ton of carbs for a couple of days. The only problem I have with vegetables is forcing myself to eat enough of them before they go bad after I buy them, so I just don't buy them very often. Meat, I usually cook, then put in the fridge and over a week or so they'll be gone.
                          Right on. You should balance out the veggies, and wait for the sugar detox period to pass. That shit is the hardest, especially if you're wanting to work out in the same time frame. There are some great paleo detox diets out there, like the Whole 9/Whole 30 program, but they take a lot of dedication, and frankly, cutting sugar and processed flour out is fucking hard without some structure. It can also make you feel like dogshit for a while, hence the difficulty working out.

Comment

We didn't go full on vegetarian, but for about 2 1/2 years I think, we stopped eating meat at home, only if we went out would we eat steak, chicken or fish. You can get plenty of protein from veggies. beans, lentils, all sorts of nuts (LOL). Here's a good list and the grams of protein it has.

Of course, now that I got the ceramic grill, the veggie diet is out the window!

Comment

dohctr is gay. you should suck a vegan's penis

Comment

Vegetarian? No, reducing the percentage of meat per day? yes. I was 260lbs at 5'10" and managed to drop for 220 over 2 years of just exercise. I stayed there for a year or so before I needed to be 185. Talked to my chiropractor's wife (nutitionalist too) and said give me your worst. In short it was structured like this: one clean carb (potatoes, rice, fruit), fat (oils/nuts etc), protein (beans, fish, chicken) at every meal and snack (5 total) and as many veggies (salad at lunch and dinner minimum) as I could eat in a sitting (the only part of the diet that was not portioned out) I need to hit 185 in a month and a half and ended up there in 3 weeks of pure fat loss with no change in exercise (no alcohol either) and no other changes to my routine.

Afterward I fond out I had a gluten/yeast intolerance (I have had 20-40lb swings since then from these) lactose intolerance, dont process red meat very well, and corn syrup is the cause of my acne. All issues observed after reintroducing foods into my diet. While I was sticking to the was I was supposed to eat I was never hungry, well hydrated, tons of energy. Im working to get back in that grove soon.

I also found a book recently that explained what I did on accident. It is "the plan" It is a short read at 80pgs or so. The rest is a layed out 30 days diet (Definition of this word for me is anything that goes into my pie hole unhealthy or not). If you have health issues weight or otherwise that may be caused by your current diet this will help you find what they are and make adjustments as needed.

Everybody's body is a chemistry set and they are all a bit different.
                                Last edited by Skidonenko; 09-14-2013, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X