Big green egg prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
    Add a pizza stone and a rib rack then you're set. I actually just use a propane torch instead of the electric starter, just stick it down in the coals for about a minute and they will take off. And don't use B&B charcoal it is junk, Royal oak from walmart is what I use, seems to be just as good as BGE charcoal and cheaper.
    Yup, have both as well...
    Use the rib rack for briskets sitting in a baking pan.
    Aldi has a 15" stone with metal rack and cutter for $9.99

I believe Royal Oak is actually who makes the BGE lump....

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Let me know how much you like it once all that shit starts breaking.
      I havent purchased one. I live vicariously through my boss. He has had two issues with his so far and the manufacturer has sent out replacement parts TWICE for free... He uses his 3 to 5 times a week. It is a very well made american brand.. http://www.yodersmokers.com/

I was against pellet smokers, i never considered owning one. I am thinking about it hard now

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
        I havent purchased one. I live vicariously through my boss. He has had two issues with his so far and the manufacturer has sent out replacement parts TWICE for free... He uses his 3 to 5 times a week. It is a very well made american brand.. http://www.yodersmokers.com/

I was against pellet smokers, i never considered owning one. I am thinking about it hard now
        My dad has had his Traeger for at least 6 years and he hasn't had any issues with it. And he cooks on it all of the time.

I will say that it sits on a fully roofed deck, so not as exposed to the elements as many people's grills.

Comment

pellet smokers are the "easy bake oven" of smokers.

They're cute and all, but really it's just a toy

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            pellet smokers are the "easy bake oven" of smokers.

They're cute and all, but really it's just a toy
            FWIW, my dad doesn't really use it as a "smoker", mainly more like a grill. I mean, he does chicken and ribs, but not brisket or pork.

Is the BGE considered a smoker, or a grill? I thought it was just a grill and suggested the pellet as an alternative to a charcoal grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              FWIW, my dad doesn't really use it as a "smoker", mainly more like a grill. I mean, he does chicken and ribs, but not brisket or pork.

Is the BGE considered a smoker, or a grill? I thought it was just a grill and suggested the pellet as an alternative to a charcoal grill.
              As far as I'm concerned, a BGE isn't a real smoker either. It's indirect heat, but operates the same as a bullet type smoker.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                As far as I'm concerned, a BGE isn't a real smoker either. It's indirect heat, but operates the same as a bullet type smoker.
                You die. You go to hell and you die!!!1

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                  You die. You go to hell and you die!!!1
                  Truth be told I will probably buy one next year. I don't know how much I will use it as a smoker, though.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

personally, i own two smokers.. One heavy duty west texas steel smoker , and one cheap thin steel smoker.. At the end of the day, sometimes, i want to take a short cut. Why ? Because i am a dad, and i have tons of SH*T to do ... i would love to just add pellets and have a constant temp going while i cook ribs and such !

Comment

BGE can be a good smoker, but you've got to use smaller pieces of wood and add them more often to get more "smoke".

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
                        BGE can be a good smoker, but you've got to use smaller pieces of wood and add them more often to get more "smoke".
                        How well does soaked wood chips work ?

Comment

Originally posted by SOLOW55 View Post
                          How well does soaked wood chips work ?
                          Really good.

Comment

Some Ozark oak and some wood chunks.. That's all you need. Better smoke that will last longer than the chips
                            Smokin some Ribs at Premier Grilling..

Comment

I use apple and cherry wood chucks in mine, but I'm usually not trying to get a heavy smoke flavor.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                                I use apple and cherry wood chucks in mine, but I'm usually not trying to get a heavy smoke flavor.
                                That always works well with Pork or Chicken. We use cherry sometimes on Ribs with a Cherry Chipotle rub... Damn Good
                                Smokin some Ribs at Premier Grilling..

Comment

Working...
                                X