No announcement yet.

2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any recommendations for Dallis grass? This stuff is plaguing my yard. Luckily it is easy to pull, but 30k sq feet of pulling sucks

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
      Any recommendations for Dallis grass? This stuff is plaguing my yard. Luckily it is easy to pull, but 30k sq feet of pulling sucks
      Got kids?

Comment

Do what I finally did and call Trugreen or another company like them, fuck Dallis grass.
        Originally posted by stevo
        Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
          Do what I finally did and call Trugreen or another company like them, fuck Dallis grass.
          Not affordable on an acre

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
            Brand example?
            I use 2-4D and it gets the job done. Works great for Sandburs too and doesn't harm Bermuda

Comment

Find a co-op/feed store that is selling MSMA...
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Target 6 plus

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
                  Psh, you call yourself a man? Lol
                  "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                    I don't look at it quite like that, I do get a kick out of my neighbors being pissed/upset about spending stupid amounts of money to have an half assed looking lawn. If my yard looks like shit, it's my fault. If it looks amazing, my hard work shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                      Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      I don't look at it quite like that, I do get a kick out of my neighbors being pissed/upset about spending stupid amounts of money to have an half assed looking lawn. If my yard looks like shit, it's my fault. If it looks amazing, my hard work shows.
                      Yeah, after screwing with it for years and not being able to get the correct chemicals it was just a better way in my opinion. I do all the rest of the work myself.
                      Originally posted by stevo
                      Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        I was only giving him a hard time.. a weed free lawn is hard ass work and lots of research required especially in the beginning.. I busted my back all last year pulling dallisgrass in my back yard and it's still not perfect.. this year the focus is on the front and it's in worse shape than the front.. I've got my work cut out this year..
                        "PSH!!!"

Comment

I cant prove it, but I am reasonably sure my lawn guys killed my st augustine in the front yard. Back is still good.
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                            I use 2-4D and it gets the job done. Works great for Sandburs too and doesn't harm Bermuda
                            This is some good shit!! I've been using it this past year or so to kill off the poison ivy, and I tell you everywhere I've sprayed it, has nice plush grass coming through!! I plan to spray the whole lot once I get a bit more grass. Also I'm having a hard time finding it in a bulk jug that doesn't require a license to buy. I have about 2.5 acres so I figure a good amount will be used to give t a good treatment.

Comment

Well, see if anyone has ideas on this one. I laid sod in this area last year and its all dead this year and the yard has become very bumpy. My dad was thinking moles are tunneling. The high spots can be knocked back down with stepping on them. The ground is very soft. The sod was beautiful last year

Comment

I'm irritated that my lawn won't just be beautiful on its own.

Anyone try that scotts bald spot remover?
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X