Back Surgery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
    Just thought I would update this. I know there are a few of us who have had surgery, or have issues. I am a little past 2 years post op, and still very glad I had the surgery. My mobility is pretty much completely restored. On the flip side, I have been getting a bit of tingling and numbness in my feet and toes lately when I sit in certain positions. Along with that, some intermittent pain in my lower back. I have an appointment, on Nov. 11th to see what is going on. I am hoping a round of steroids gets me back to normal.
    I'm just reading this thread today as it has peaked my interest due to the fact that I'm going in this week for consultation on an MRI I had for my lower back. I'm going to Spine Team Texas South Lake to review my options. Been living with back pain for my entire adult life. Definitely time to get this corrected.

Glad you are doing well man.

David

Comment

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
      I'm just reading this thread today as it has peaked my interest due to the fact that I'm going in this week for consultation on an MRI I had for my lower back. I'm going to Spine Team Texas South Lake to review my options. Been living with back pain for my entire adult life. Definitely time to get this corrected.

Glad you are doing well man.

David
      Which doctor is your appointment with?

I am really hoping that a round of steroids will tale care of my issue. I need to get bake on my bike, it helped quite a bit last year, I've just been too busy to get out and ride
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I am really hoping that a round of steroids will tale care of my issue. I need to get bake on my bike, it helped quite a bit last year, I've just been too busy to get out and ride
        I'm sure you already know this and I hope they do help you but unfortunately epidural corticosteroids are not a cure for back pain, but rather just a temporary masking of the pain.

Comment

Originally posted by stangin4lyfe View Post
          I'm sure you already know this and I hope they do help you but unfortunately epidural corticosteroids are not a cure for back pain, but rather just a temporary masking of the pain.

http://www.healthcommunities.com/bac...ts-risks.shtml
          Not looking for spinal injections. My first go round included an injection, which gave no relief at any point.. My hope is that it is just inflamation and a round of oral steroids will knock it down.

There was a second disk that had a loss of height, however at the time, they didn't feel like it had herniated. I don't think it is uncommon for it to take a couple of procedures to "fix" my problem. I hope that isn't the case, but I am prepared to address it if it comes up. I guess there is a chance it could be a build up of scar tissue as well.

Comment

Not looking for spinal injections. My first go round included an injection, which gave no relief at any point.. My hope is that it is just inflamation and a round of oral steroids will knock it down.

There was a second disk that had a loss of height, however at the time, they didn't feel like it had herniated. I don't think it is uncommon for it to take a couple of procedures to "fix" my problem. I hope that isn't the case, but I am prepared to address it if it comes up. I guess there is a chance it could be a build up of scar tissue as well.
            Ahhh, good to hear and I hope all goes well!

Comment

Ahhh, good to hear and I hope all goes well!
              I am hoping for good news. I really need to get back on the bike. Things have slowed down a bit so hopefully I can make the time.

Comment

Original doc is Dr Kibuule but he's asked that I see an associate for pain management and MRI consultation first. DO NOT want surgery as final option either, and may opt out of that's the case, but really need to correct this pain, as I've been living with it for most of my adult life, and it's getting worse.

http://www.healthcommunities.com/bac...ts-risks.shtml
                ^ Correct.

David

Comment

Original doc is Dr Kibuule but he's asked that I see an associate for pain management and MRI consultation first. DO NOT want surgery as final option either, and may opt out of that's the case, but really need to correct this pain, as I've been living with it for most of my adult life, and it's getting worse.

^ Correct.

David
                  Surgery was my last resort as well. I did good with PT and some pills for pain management for a while. I started seeing a chiropractor and it gave some relief as well. Once it herniated though, nothing really relieved the pain. It was only then, that I sat down with the neurosurgeon (Dr. Bartolomei) and had the discussion of surgery. As I mentioned before, to this day, I don't regret the decision to have it done.

Comment

FYI, David, you might be thinking it is getting worse right now due to the weather change. I have been fucking miserable for a week, ever since it dropped down into the 50's. Even the hot tub isn't doing much. Going to see my doc tomorrow and figure out all the new restrictions on pain management meds so that I have a few more hoops to jump through and pay for to get any kind of relief.

Comment

Well I guess it's my turn to go to the back doc. Three weeks ago I was bent over getting some nuts and bolts out of a bucket and adjusted my lean and felt something shift in my lower back and was immediately laying on the ground, took the legs right out of me. Back hurt rest of the night, took some pain meds and felt better after a while. Fast forward to yesterday, I bent over to pickup my daughter and out-of no where something happened and I was immediately laying on the ground. I don't know if that's disc, nerve, or what but it's got me concerned because when it randomly happens I lose everything and am on the ground in a split second.

Comment

That's extremely bad. You probably will need an MRI. Go to your Dr. Some cyclobenzaprine might fix you up.

Comment

Yep, weather changes do affect my back and knees fairly significantly. This round though has been excruciating to the point to where I'm not sleeping and after sitting for more than five minutes, I'll get up and am unable to stand straight for a few minutes. Just ready to get this shit over with.

David

Comment

I think we are getting so fucking old now, we need a geriatric forum! LOL

David

Comment

I think we are getting so fucking old now, we need a geriatric forum! LOL

David
                              Before long, the only things being raced at get togethers will be hoverrounds and walkers!

Comment

Before long, the only things being raced at get togethers will be hoverrounds and walkers!
                                LMAO
                                ... And to the pisser!

David

Comment

Working...
                                X