No announcement yet.

Do me a solid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if the weather let's us I'll be making a few videos this Sunday.
    Finally going to get around to a Corsa Extreme review video. Funny part is I never got around to shooting pre install sound so I just bought a stock GT for the video. Because this is DFWM and we are all rich enough to do that.

Comment

Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Let me know if that works. It isn't letting me click it in tapatalk. Cover image should be my silver select monte carlo

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        I'm going to try and start doing some videos related to my model car builds. How to's and such. I'm sure I'll be looking for pointers at some point! Though, most of my stuff, if not all, will be in doors at the work bench.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Good lighting and multiple angles!

Comment

Originally posted by Pewter Y2K Z28 View Post
          Liked and Subscribed.

I have channel that I do feral hog depredation and blow sh!t up on. Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9...JpELmhg3qeHTGw
          holy crap man! your channel rocks! I would love to try that heli hog hunting!

I subbed and rang the bell so I don't miss a thing.

Comment

I should have just put this here instead of starting a new thread. From now on I'll post all the rocket cuda stuff here.
            This weekend we are going to do some stuff with the mavic quad copter, the mustangs and the ranger. Might also maiden the mother bear if I can get it done in time.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
              I fly r/c too but mostly warbirds and some sport planes. I have a few foamies for in town and ease of use but am starting to build from wood again. I'd like to learn a lot more about fpv equipment. I'm also considering building some 100 plus mph electrics for fun.
              you need to be in one of my upcoming videos. We are doing 5ft long FPV F-14 streamer combat. I'd like to get a non FPV pilot on one. PM me if you are interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                holy crap man! your channel rocks! I would love to try that heli hog hunting!

I subbed and rang the bell so I don't miss a thing.
                Thanks! We just flew this past Tuesday so I'm cutting up the footage for that as we speak.
                "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

just a fun little video I thew together about the upcoming non RC stuff I'll be doing.
                  It's the fastest motor pull I've done to date.
                  Robbed the truck of the engine for a friends truck, and the manual steering for my truck.
                  Rest is rusty and headed to scrap.
                  I'll be doing a lot more car videos soon, but with way better quality than this. this was just for fun.

Comment

Here's what I've been working on lately. This is going to carry the rocket plane up. Should be fun to fly even when just for fun.

Comment

Well I broke down and bought a new laptop that will actually keep up with video editing.. Man, what a night and day difference. I still need a better monitor, which I'll probably be grabbing this weekend. Nothing fancy, probably just a 27" Dell LED that's on sale for $150, also at Micro Center.

I didn't go too crazy, and got a refurb to mitigate cost, but it's this one:

Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN 15.6" Gaming Laptop
                      • Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8GHz
                      • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
                      • 16GB RAM
                      • 2TB HDD+256GB SSD
                      • Microsoft Windows 10
                      • 4-in-1 Card Reader
                      • 10/100/1000 Network
                      • 802.11ac Wireless
                      • Bluetooth 4.1
                      • 15.6" Full HD IPS LED-backlit Anti-Glare Display

For comparison, I was using another old Lenovo (b40-80) with an i3-4005U @ 1.7GHz with 8GB of ram and a 500GB hard drive. It still works great for normal computer stuff, but the processor just can't keep up with bigger tasks.

I've only played with Lightworks on it for about 15 min but it's crazy how much better it is.. No lag at all.

I was going to just get a desktop instead, but for this price and specs I figured it was worth having the flexibility as needed. It probably won't leave my desk too often though. RAM is upgrade-able to 32GB, but otherwise I'm hoping these specs remain sufficient for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                        Here's what I've been working on lately. This is going to carry the rocket plane up. Should be fun to fly even when just for fun.
                        Your girl got the body of an airplane!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                          Well I broke down and bought a new laptop that will actually keep up with video editing.. Man, what a night and day difference. I still need a better monitor, which I'll probably be grabbing this weekend. Nothing fancy, probably just a 27" Dell LED that's on sale for $150, also at Micro Center.

I didn't go too crazy, and got a refurb to mitigate cost, but it's this one:

Lenovo Legion Y520-15IKBN 15.6" Gaming Laptop
                          • Intel Core i7-7700HQ Processor 2.8GHz
                          • NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB GDDR5
                          • 16GB RAM
                          • 2TB HDD+256GB SSD
                          • Microsoft Windows 10
                          • 4-in-1 Card Reader
                          • 10/100/1000 Network
                          • 802.11ac Wireless
                          • Bluetooth 4.1
                          • 15.6" Full HD IPS LED-backlit Anti-Glare Display

For comparison, I was using another old Lenovo (b40-80) with an i3-4005U @ 1.7GHz with 8GB of ram and a 500GB hard drive. It still works great for normal computer stuff, but the processor just can't keep up with bigger tasks.

I've only played with Lightworks on it for about 15 min but it's crazy how much better it is.. No lag at all.

I was going to just get a desktop instead, but for this price and specs I figured it was worth having the flexibility as needed. It probably won't leave my desk too often though. RAM is upgrade-able to 32GB, but otherwise I'm hoping these specs remain sufficient for a while.
                          can't wait to see what you come up with.

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                          Your girl got the body of an airplane!!!
                          haha

Comment

Originally posted by stephen4785 View Post
                            Like JC316 said. Only thing Ill add is the camera quality can be off but if it isnt stabilized people wont watch very long. That and sound quality. Drill the mic hole out bigger for the gopro holder. That plastic holder has a tiny hole and makes the mic sound crappy.
                            My other suggestions is to make your videos a story. Watch guys like Peter Mckinon, Neistat and noitce how they tell the whole story. They film getting ready, the trip there, the actual meat of the story, then kind of do the wrap back at home or somewhere else. Theres tons of channels with people that have great production quality and no story or great stories but zero production.
                            . If you're trying to grow your channel as fast as possible try to contact other youtubers with larger channels that are doing the same thing you are and see if you can collaborate with them. When Im in town Ill glady meet up with you and talk about your channel on mine. I dont have a huge channel but Iv got 58k subs and 14million channels views. It wont immediately get you as many views as you would think but it definitely gives you a bump and you can never tell what the long term affect is for gaining subs/views on your channels.
                            www.youtube.com/sphinx4785
                            I am going to be nosy and ask what kind of income you are able to make off your YouTube views

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                              I am going to be nosy and ask what kind of income you are able to make off your YouTube views
                              Depends on the month. Right now Im averaging $4800/month. Biggest month so far was Oct $8700

Comment

Dude that's awesome. Any good advice for those who want to monetize their pages?

Congrats and glad guys like you are making good income on that kind of stuff!

Comment

Working...
                                X