DFW Mustangs    

Go Back   DFW Mustangs > General > DFW Sports Central

DFW Sports Central Forum for all Sports related discussion

Old 06-13-2018, 09:46 PM   #61
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
Jorge Alfaro is the only former prospect I can find with a + WAR that Daniels traded in the last few years. He's the Phillie's #1 catcher. We got our current ace and a solid relief pitcher for him so we still won that trade. JD knows what he's doing but he still has to work with a shoestring budget for some reason.
Colon? Lol; I couldn’t resist. Yes the budget is pretty harsh compared to the Yankees and dodgers but other GMs compete on less.
AnthonyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:55 AM   #62
BP
infidel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyS View Post
Colon? Lol; I couldn’t resist. Yes the budget is pretty harsh compared to the Yankees and dodgers but other GMs compete on less.
Colon will probably start to fade in the second half. The MLB doesn't test players for PEDs in the off season so as long as they are clean when they hit spring training they can use whatever they want. I'm not saying Colon does this but he was a Biogenesis customer and he's a 280 pound 45 year old professional athlete. He might just have superior genes.
BP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 11:38 PM   #63
AnthonyS
Lifer

Colon always fades as the year goes on. He definitely doesn’t waste motion on the mound. He never tosses back for a new ball. All his throws are live. He works very efficiently.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:34 AM   #64
BP
infidel

So the team sucks and the Astros are awesome. On a positive note it looks like Machado is off the market so that makes Profar have some trade value. I have a feeling we'll be making a deal with the Phillies soon involving Diekman, Hamels and Profar.

They are pretty loaded with pitching prospects and one is named Ranger Suarez. That and the #1 overall pick from 2016 Mickey Moniak is still on their A ball team. He's pretty much worthless right now but has a ton of potential. I'd want at least one of these guys and Alfaro back.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #65
AnthonyS
Lifer

Poor pitching = status quo = bad record.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:59 PM   #66
BP
infidel

Quote:
Poor pitching = status quo = bad record.
I think the new stadium is going to help with that. We'll also be getting a new AAA affiliate to go with it.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:47 PM   #67
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Colon pure junk pitcher! Waste of cash. Obese and velocity at what 87 wow gtfo here go to aaa
Captain Crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 09:27 AM   #68
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
Colon pure junk pitcher! Waste of cash. Obese and velocity at what 87 wow gtfo here go to aaa
Betting on Bartolo >>>>> betting with Crawfish
Old 07-22-2018, 03:00 PM   #69
Captain Crawfish
Lifer

Quote:
Betting on Bartolo >>>>> betting with Crawfish
Wouldn’t bet your money on that slob. He needs to hang it up not very effective anymore.
Captain Crawfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:48 PM   #70
Mysticcobrakilla
Paterpillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Crawfish View Post
Wouldn’t bet your money on that slob. He needs to hang it up not very effective anymore.
How’s your mlb career going?
Mysticcobrakilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #71
The King
Lifer

One assumes that Crawfish had the good sense to bet heavy on the Rangers yesterday. Even MLB betting noobs far below his level of sports knowledge and insider info know to take the homies in the last game of a 3+ game series to avoid the sweep.
The King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 11:32 AM   #72
AnthonyS
Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
One assumes that Crawfish had the good sense to bet heavy on the Rangers yesterday. Even MLB betting noobs far below his level of sports knowledge and insider info know to take the homies in the last game of a 3+ game series to avoid the sweep.
Lower than catfish’s level of sports knowledge? Like an amoeba? Catfish needs to monetize his self. Start a website for sports betting, give full details on all his picks. Make sure his clients bet against him and get rich....
Old 07-23-2018, 11:49 AM   #73
BP
infidel

Every pick I made in the world cup lost. So on that note I'm picking the Dodgers and Yankees for the World Series but I'm definitely not picking the Cowboys for anything.
Old 07-26-2018, 09:52 PM   #74
Mike
Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP View Post
So the team sucks and the Astros are awesome. On a positive note it looks like Machado is off the market so that makes Profar have some trade value. I have a feeling we'll be making a deal with the Phillies soon involving Diekman, Hamels and Profar.

They are pretty loaded with pitching prospects and one is named Ranger Suarez. That and the #1 overall pick from 2016 Mickey Moniak is still on their A ball team. He's pretty much worthless right now but has a ton of potential. I'd want at least one of these guys and Alfaro back.
I’m glad this trade didn’t happen.
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018, 10:39 PM   #75
Nash B.
Lifer

I'm glad you're still a dick
Nash B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:59 AM   #76
BP
infidel

Well it's the trade deadline. Kela just got moved to the Pirates for two players to be named later. I wonder whose next?
Old 07-31-2018, 07:09 AM   #77
mstng86
MEAT HOARDER

Hopefully Choo showed somebody something last night. I think Belts is going to a contender.
mstng86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 05:12 PM   #78
CJ
User is editing post

I don't expect Choo or Beltre to go anywhere.
Old 07-31-2018, 10:24 PM   #79
AnthonyS
Lifer

Our best pitcher is gone per usual. Lots of future firepower but no arms..... John Daniels stays quo in full effect. I wonder if he’s even heard of pitching? He ran off the greatest pitcher he’s ever met, and that man helped the Astros win it all.... karma.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:42 AM   #80
BP
infidel

Quote:
Our best pitcher is gone per usual. Lots of future firepower but no arms..... John Daniels stays quo in full effect. I wonder if he’s even heard of pitching? He ran off the greatest pitcher he’s ever met, and that man helped the Astros win it all.... karma.
The Astros signed Altuve in 2007, Keuchel in 2009 and Correa in 2012. Nolan left the Rangers in 2013.