Trump moves to ban bumpstocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump moves to ban bumpstocks

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he has directed his attorney general to propose changes that would ban so-called bump stocks, which make it easier to fire rounds more quickly.

"Just a few moments ago I signed a memo directing the attorney general to propose regulations that ban all devices that turn legal weapons into machine guns," Trump said at a Medal of Valor event at the White House, addressing Attorney General Jeff Sessions.
    "I expect these regulations to be finalized, Jeff, very soon," Trump said.

President Donald Trump said on Tuesday that he has directed his attorney general to propose changes that would ban bump fire stocks, which make it easier to fire rounds more quickly. The move adds his voice to a process that began in December, two months after a gunman used the device in a shooting that left scores dead at a concert in Las Vegas.

ban all devices???

as in triggers too i wonder?

Comment

Originally posted by black50 View Post
      ban all devices???

as in triggers too i wonder?
      Most Likely.

Time to get that Franklin Armory BFSIII trigger I've been eyeing...

Comment

Fuck that shit! Tired of more and more laws and regulations!
        Originally posted by Marisa
        we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

"Shit.

I know shit's bad right now.."

But seriously, the NRA caved on this point almost immediately after Las Vegas and now President Trump has as well. I hope there is some reasoning and strategy behind this that I'm just not seeing.

Trump has done a whole lot of good, and he's earned a bit of rope in my eyes. I'll wait and see what becomes of this.

That being said, that rope had better not be used for our noose.

That being said, If this is what it looks like, it sure as hell isn't MAGA.
          Last edited by sc281; 02-20-2018, 04:25 PM.

Comment

theyre stupid anyways. bye felicia

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
              theyre stupid anyways. bye felicia
              For me it's not about them. It's about what else gets banned with them or what gets banned after them.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                For me it's not about them. It's about what else gets banned with them or what gets banned after them.
                Exactly, I think bumpstocks and arm braces are gay as fuck and will never own one but I hate to give anything up.
                Originally posted by Marisa
                we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                  While I agree with you, I think this is a strategic move. We all think bump stocks are stupid, so no skin off our back from that perspective. Now, he can say he made a move to support gun control. If (when) another shooting happens, he can say that tighter gun control measures had no outcome therefore it isn't the solution. We know this already, but now it can be said to libtards in a way that they got what they wanted and it didn't work -- no more stupid GC laws.

That's what I'm hoping anyway. The downside to that is they can go further off the deep end saying that bump stocks isn't enough -- take away the gun. I just don't think they will be successful with that approach though.

Comment

Trump fucked over gun owners? Color me shocked! Fuck him.
                    I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by juiceweezl View Post
                      While I agree with you, I think this is a strategic move. We all think bump stocks are stupid, so no skin off our back from that perspective. Now, he can say he made a move to support gun control. If (when) another shooting happens, he can say that tighter gun control measures had no outcome therefore it isn't the solution. We know this already, but now it can be said to libtards in a way that they got what they wanted and it didn't work -- no more stupid GC laws.

That's what I'm hoping anyway. The downside to that is they can go further off the deep end saying that bump stocks isn't enough -- take away the gun. I just don't think they will be successful with that approach though.
                      When it's a permament game of "just the tip", I'd prefer we didn't give the left that first inch.

Comment

If he starts talking about high cap mags or something of substance I'll worry and get upset. Personally I don't think bump stocks and those automatic style triggers should have been legal to begin with. But that's just me. I also think sbr should be LEGAL but laws aren't based on my personal opinion.

Comment

Perhaps Trump Jr. will keep him in check if it comes down to mags.

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                            If he starts talking about high cap mags or something of substance I'll worry and get upset. Personally I don't think bump stocks and those automatic style triggers should have been legal to begin with. But that's just me. I also think sbr should be LEGAL but laws aren't based on my personal opinion.
                            Why should semi auto accessories be illegal?
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

It's not like he was pro-gun before he decided to run for president as a Republican.
                              Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                              HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Working...
                              X