I need help identifying this old S&W 38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need help identifying this old S&W 38

I was told this is a S&W Lemon Squeezer 38 cal.

I can't find much on the internet with such a low serial number.. Anyone have any knowledge on this firearm? Value? Thinking about buying it from a co worker.

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Love Schofield/top break style revolvers.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

mmm..little more digging maybe this will help..

Smith & Wesson ,38 Safety Hammerless (aka "New Departure") 2nd Model. These were made between 1887 and 1890, within a serial number range running from 5,251 to 42,483.
      Standard barrel lengths were 3 1/2, 4 and 5 inches. Cataloged finishes were blue or nickel plated with blued trigger guard. Triggers were color case-hardened. Standard stocks were black hard-rubber, but mother-of-pearl was an extra cost option.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
      X