Chromecast vs amazon fire vs roku

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
    I have a FireStick with Kodi and a FireTV in the living room, I haven't put Kodi on yet. I use Chromecasts in the other rooms to just cast PLEX to them from phones and tablets.

Sports is very hit or miss with Kodi, depending on what you want and what quality. I had a hard time finding a RedZone channel this weekend that worked for longer than 15-30 min before dying out, and it was only SD quality.

I also pay for SlingTV with the sports package for $25/mo so I can get all of the ESPN content for College Football.

I've found that Media Center Master running on a Windows PC might be one of the best apps for downloading TV Series, SickBeard was nice, but MCM has better options in my opinion. I usually have the show within 2-4 hours after it's been released.

So, as of next weekend I'll be "semi-cutting" the cord with Verizon, as I have about a year on my contract, so I'm going down to the local only package with 2 set top boxes, but no DVR. I'll keep SlingTV for ESPN, and I'm bumping up my internet to 150/150, and it should be right at $100/mo for all of that.
    With slingtv do you get fox sports southwest?

Comment

So, as of next weekend I'll be "semi-cutting" the cord with Verizon, as I have about a year on my contract, so I'm going down to the local only package with 2 set top boxes, but no DVR. I'll keep SlingTV for ESPN, and I'm bumping up my internet to 150/150, and it should be right at $100/mo for all of that.
      I thought the highest Verizon offered was 50/50? I've got 25/25, but can upgrade to 50/50 for $5 more a month.

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
      No.
      Originally posted by BradM
      But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
      Originally posted by Leah
      In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
        I thought the highest Verizon offered was 50/50? I've got 25/25, but can upgrade to 50/50 for $5 more a month.
        depends on your area. I can go to 300/300 in my hood if I wanted to. But it isn't cheap.

I was on 75/75 before upgrading

Comment

Originally posted by big_tiger View Post
          no, not yet...

The base package with SlingTV ($20) you get:

ESPN, ESPN2, AMC, FOOD, A&E, History, TNT, El Rey, HGTV, IFC, Disney, Polaris, Maker, TBS, Travel, Adult Swim, CNN, H2, Cartoon Network, ABC Family, Lifetime, Galavision, and Bloomberg

For $5 more a month, you can get the sports package that adds:

Universal Sports, BEIN Sport, Univision Spors, ESPN U, SEC Network, ESPNEws, Bases Loaded, Buzzer Beater, and Goal Line for college football

They have other add ons, but I can get TV content myself

Comment

Rawr, I will cut the cord when I can watch Mavs, Stars, & Ranger games 90% of the time.

I am paying $106 for three tvs, FSSW, and no HBO/Showtime.

Comment

Sports is very hit or miss with Kodi, depending on what you want and what quality. I had a hard time finding a RedZone channel this weekend that worked for longer than 15-30 min before dying out, and it was only SD quality.
              This is all still somewhat new, and I think will improve over time. I have had some issues, but not a ton. And I really can't complain since it is all free. NFL I watch through the OTA. Any games I don't get, I have no interest in seeing, or can go to the bar for MNF if it's one I want to see.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
              X