What to do with recently aquired ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do with recently aquired ammo

Here's the short version. A friends dad had a bunch of ammo stored in his garage from around 1994 best I can tell. All stored in sealed ziplock baggies inside ammo cans. I purchased what I thought I could use.

I kept some 9mm, 12 guage, and other assorted factory ammo. There was also some 223 blanks ( tossed them ) and some 223 reloads. All are nice and shiny. Some look factory as they are sealed around the primer.

Most look like 55gr FMJ and soft point. I think there are some 62gr FMJ and softpoint as well. Unsure. LC and Rem headstamps.

Q: What's it worth? I don't reload or shoot other peoples reloads.
    1. sell to someone who reloads and they can pull the bullets and reload the brass?
    2. OK. Not selling to shoot. Would sell as " components only". Not intended to be shot in it's present state. ;-)

What's a fair price? I have no idea since I don't reload.

Thanks for the heads-up!

3. How much to ask for all 936 rounds in a brand new ammo can I moved it to?

Thanks ahead of time for the interesting comments.
    Last edited by Stoner; 01-26-2017, 02:11 PM.

I wouldn't sell someone else's reloads. You can sell them as "components only" but you still run the risk of some knucklehead shooting them, gun goes boom, then you have to deal with their BS. If you do sell as "components only" make sure it's someone you know and they 100% understand not to shoot them. As for price, I would personally only pay a fraction of what the components go for due to the pita process of pulling them all.

I won't shoot other peoples reloads unless I know them as twice I've gotten reloads from people that were so fucked up you couldn't even hammer the round into the chamber if you tried.

Comment

Shooting someone else's reloads is a terrible idea. Selling someone else's reloads is a worse idea and possibly illegal. I once heard a story of a guy who blew up a transferable UZI while shooting reloads. I also recently ballooned a .300blk barrel with reloaded ammo.
      Originally posted by Marisa
      we women are all irrational and emotional and insane...some just hide it better than others.

truth.

Comment

Working...
      X