No announcement yet.

Water Heater?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found a place in PG that sells them for half of what they usually go for. They have some cosmetic damage but they are new and guaranteed. Hope it's not too big a risk to purchase a slightly damaged tank.
    .....bro....

Comment

THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
        replacement is pretty easy if it has flex lines connecting it. If it is all copper that is connected, can you sweat copper?

If it's flex, kill the water, kill the breaker. drain tank, remove.

If it is all copper, you'll have to cut some pipe, you'll need some fresh length of pipe and some fittings, torch, etc. position tank, connect electrical, make new connections.

If the drip pan looks bad/corroded, go ahead and replace it at the same time. You may reach out to Rodney and see if he would come help, I'd be inclined to put in a kill switch for future protection.
        When mine went out a few years ago, I cut the sweated pipe, switch to shark bites and flex line, and went tankless (but I have gas). Those shark bites are expensive, but damned if I'm going to waste 3 hours trying to sweat a few connections with my non-plumbing ass.

Comment

Replaced it with a 50 gallon Rheem. Kept the copper flex lines because they were still good but we had to run new cooper due to the location of that one valve. It was on top as apposed to the side. It was kinda easy but had to make 2 HD runs for some extra copper elbows and some wire connectors. It was a little messy because they old unit was so rusty, when I had to bear hug it to get it out, that shit got all over me. Install wasn't too bad. I could definitely do a better, quicker job next time. Thanks for all y'alls input, extremely helpful. Muchas gracias¡
          .....bro....

Comment

a+ thread
            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

FYI, this is what it looked like
              .....bro....

Comment

you took a look at that, and started this thread?!
                THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

check your sig
                  THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Water Heater?

Lol. That tank looked like that since day 1. Thought it was normal till I saw water dribbling out from the side.
                    Tank gave me 15 years of good service.
                    .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                      you took a look at that, and started this thread?!
                      He also looked for an ac unit in the attic that was in a closet and he owns the house.
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

And it's my 3rd house. I need to stop doing drugs.
                        .....bro....

Comment

No no. Let's keep this party going man.
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                            go find the ac unit and look at the pan underneath, it could be clogged up causing the constant drain.
                            Clogged pipes have constant drainage?
                            The hand that feeds, bleeds.

Comment

Originally posted by zora04 View Post
                              Clogged pipes have constant drainage?
                              absolutely. does an a/c unit run 24/7 unless you command it to?

will a sponge drip until its dry?

were you able to diagnose this problem with the given information, or was it just those of us who offered some proper insight?
                              THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

The given information was extremely helpful and I'm extremely grateful and it did help diagnose my problems. I always assumed that the drip coming from the side of the house was coming from the tank and the tube coming out by the door was from AC condensation. I also knew that my AC unit was inside the house but I have never seen water in or around the unit itself, so I decided to go up in the attic. I've also never been up in the attic. Thanks ladies
                                .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                                X