No announcement yet.

2017 Lawn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've probably pulled 1000 crabgrass plants so far.. there's an entire patch of my yard with crabgrass and I didn't remove it after it died.. shits germinating out of the dead plants lol.. next year in January I'm going to rip out everything dead
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      I've probably pulled 1000 crabgrass plants so far.. there's an entire patch of my yard with crabgrass and I didn't remove it after it died.. shits germinating out of the dead plants lol.. next year in January I'm going to rip out everything dead
      It is a viscious cold hearted bastard grass! I started dogging it up early last year. Realized real wuick that shit wasn't going to fly. It looked like an armadilli had ravaged my yard and I knew there were still roots down below that were going to come back. So, I fight it with spot treatments.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
      Originally posted by Leah
      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• I finally picked up some MSMA and applied it yesterday to our front and side yards. Need to do the backyard next.

I put it down at 5oz per gallon with my spreader.

How long before this Blue Stem dies?
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

• Originally posted by KBScobravert View Post
          I finally picked up some MSMA and applied it yesterday to our front and side yards. Need to do the backyard next.

I put it down at 5oz per gallon with my spreader.

How long before this Blue Stem dies?
          I spot treated crab grass 2 days ago and I'm seeing a bit of yellowing. It is a bit cool for it to really work. Ideally 90+ during the day and it really puts a hurt on the weeds. It may take multiple applicactions

Comment

• My grass (bermuda) is starting to take growth. I did the Bayer weed and feed several weeks ago and all the weeds are gone but the grass is slowly coming back to life.

My question is when is time to put down actual fertilizer?
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

• Fuck it, I'm gonna level my yard today and start over.. too much yard neglected over the last 15 years.. now I gotta score a hookup on some sod
              "PSH!!!"

Comment

• What will help thinken up my st Augustine? I did weed and feed about a month ago. What's there is growing tall fast. But it's still pretty thin.

Comment

• Originally posted by chronical View Post
                  What will help thinken up my st Augustine? I did weed and feed about a month ago. What's there is growing tall fast. But it's still pretty thin.
                  Have a soil analysis done. That may tell you if you are deficient

Comment

What will help thinken up my st Augustine? I did weed and feed about a month ago. What's there is growing tall fast. But it's still pretty thin.
                    Mow on highest setting.. will grow in thick and choke out weeds
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• That looks like some rough dirt...not going to be fun to spread

Comment

• "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Is that all black dirt? Hopefully the rain doesn't wash it all out. If it doesn't it should help break it all down and make it a better base layer for sod

Comment

• What brand Bermuda seeds are you dudes using?

Comment

Give it some time, last week was the first week this year for night temps to be in the 60' , then twice back in the 40's this week will stop growth for another week or so. Consistent night temps will get you there.

Comment

• Ok tilling is seriously fucking hard af! Don't judge my fence!!

Anyone got a sod hookup?
                                "PSH!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X