• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Gun Trust Propsals Delayed?

Temporary win.
    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Good news. Now I need to stop sitting on my ass and get a trust established and hopefully get few suppressors purchased. Maybe get one or two lowers SBRd as well. I have been pushing this off way too long and it almost bit me in the ass.

So here is my problem right now, that maybe someone can provide insight into. I need to establish the trust, as well as get the paperwork started on at least one silencer. However, I just accepted an offer on my house, sign at the end of the month, and will be moving to another county. How will this affect the entire process, and should/will I need to wait until we buy the next house to proceed? Only looking at another month or two so not too long.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. What happens when I move to another county but all my stuff is registered in Collin?
        "You don't so much drive it, more like poke it with a sharp stick and channel the fury when you piss it off."

FFL & LTC Instructor
        http://firstresponsefirearms.com/
        Factory Five MK4 Cobra
        Build thread-http://www.dfwmustangs.net/forums/showthread.php?t=17889
        http://s1124.photobucket.com/albums/l571/BlitzAttack65/
        www.wix.com/cdurhamwot/blitzattack-mk4-build
        sigpic

Comment

New Gun Trust Propsals Delayed?

Location change doesn't matter if the move is writhin the same state. You can notify the ATF (I'm sure they prefer), but it's not a legal requirement. I'm assuming trust paperwork addresses would have to be changed regardless to keep those in good standing under state laws etc.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
            Location change doesn't matter if the move is writhin the same state. You can notify the ATF (I'm sure they prefer), but it's not a legal requirement. I'm assuming trust paperwork addresses would have to be changed regardless to keep those in good standing under state laws etc.
            This

For Trust address change, all I would do is create an amendment schedule stating the change in address and have signed by Trustees. May even have notarized but I don't think it is required since the Trust is not "filed" with anyone. When you send in a copy of Trust to the ATF with Forms then just include it along like you would your Schedule A.

Comment

The time to set up a Trust is yesterday. Same with the time to file for what ever device you want.

Comment

And to all of those that said the NRA didn't have our backs, now it's time to apologize. I wrote them specifically on this and they said they would be sticking up for NRA owners, and it looks like they made good on it.
                "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Anyone want to buy a 16" AR? Would much rather set up a trust and SBR my pistol and get at least one can
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                    Anyone want to buy a 16" AR? Would much rather set up a trust and SBR my pistol and get at least one can
                    A trust is cheap these days. Don't sell the 16". You will have plenty of time to regret selling it to free up the up front cost of the trust and the $200 stamp.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                      A trust is cheap these days. Don't sell the 16". You will have plenty of time to regret selling it to free up the up front cost of the trust and the $200 stamp.
                      Was thinking it would cover the trust and the two stamps. If we weren't closing on a house next week, it would be a non issue!

Comment

is that a carbine or mid length gas system on that 16"?
                        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                          is that a carbine or mid length gas system on that 16"?
                          Carbine

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                            Carbine
                            you could make it an sbr, really short ass one, but it could be converted.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                              you could make it an sbr, really short ass one, but it could be converted.
                              I have my pistol to add a stock to, just need to take care of the legals. I want to set up a trust first

Comment

Working...
                              X