Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone looked into the Chiappa Little Badger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone looked into the Chiappa Little Badger?

Interesting thing. Appears to be a survival rifle style .22 mag single shot that folds up. It's light (<3lbs), and it's threaded for a suppressor (!). It also has a picatinny rail. It shoots .22 Mag, .22 LR, .22 Long, .22 Short, and it's only $150. Reviews say it has a fantastic trigger as well. Sounds kinda neat. What do you guys think?

"When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
    "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Neat little thing. I think the rail is kind of funny though. I could see someone spending hundreds more decking it out with lasers and other accessories to be tacticool.

Comment

At $150 with a nice trigger, I'm saying it's a buy.

Comment

This guy goes a little nuts with it.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'll take one.

Comment

I have it bookmarked, one of these days I will order one. I understand the 22 mag version has some issue with case bulge when shooting 22 long rifle, the brass can be a bit of a pain to extract. When I pick one up it will be the 22lr one. I don't think I will shoot more than a box of mag out of one and I would rather not deal with the case bulge problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
              I have it bookmarked, one of these days I will order one. I understand the 22 mag version has some issue with case bulge when shooting 22 long rifle, the brass can be a bit of a pain to extract. When I pick one up it will be the 22lr one. I don't think I will shoot more than a box of mag out of one and I would rather not deal with the case bulge problem.
              Yes, .22 mag has a larger diameter case than .22LR, when you shoot a LR, L, or Short out of a .22 mag chamber the case will sometimes stick. Keeps dumbasses from trying to fire .22 mag in their .22LR rifles.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/rifle...n-project.html

This guy goes a little nuts with it.
                Had he left that shit ACU off it might have been cool.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                  Yes, .22 mag has a larger diameter case than .22LR, when you shoot a LR, L, or Short out of a .22 mag chamber the case will sometimes stick. Keeps dumbasses from trying to fire .22 mag in their .22LR rifles.
                  One of the reviews I saw said the cases would swell to the point of splitting in some cases. Not that you are going to reload it, but it just doesn't give me warm and fuzzies. That said, I think this might be my next gun purchase. I want to say buds had them for $148 shipped or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz View Post
                    One of the reviews I saw said the cases would swell to the point of splitting in some cases. Not that you are going to reload it, but it just doesn't give me warm and fuzzies. That said, I think this might be my next gun purchase. I want to say buds had them for $148 shipped or something.
                    Yep, that's not uncommon when firing a .22LR out of a .22 mag chamber. You can do it, pretty common, manufacturers will usually say not to to cover their own ass. I've fired a few hundred out of a .22 mag chamber, never had an issue before, never heard of anyone having an issue, it sticks sometimes.

Comment

Never mind, buds is $170.

Comment

Not bad. And I wouldn't mind trying out Tiffany's little badger.
                        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                          This.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                            /thread

Comment

We've got a couple in stock for about what Bud's has them for. They do actually have a pretty good trigger. If I had one, I'd add an AFG to the piece of rail your hand holds onto.
                              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
                              X