No announcement yet.

Aikman needs to STFU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel that defensive players are now so hamstrung on what they can and cant do vs "defenseless players" that it must make the game very hard for a veteran defensive player to accommodate year after year of increased restrictions on what you can and cant do.

Hell, when playing Mike Linebacker , I would often lay out tight ends and receivers running a shallow In-route , easy to do when they are not looking where they are going and instead looking for an incoming pass. Nowadays, that move would get me flagged and ejected, when before it was just a risk you took as a coach to run that play and the player for trusting for a clean route on mike backers who fell for the playaction.

I feel that the determination should ultimately lie on the players on what risks they will and will not accept. The whole point is higher risk, higher reward, so those who are comfortable with less risk should have it.

Just like at TMS when they ran indy car here and the banks were too steep and the g-forces too heavy. Did anyone ever ask the drivers "well, why didn't you just lift?" and the answer would have been "no, because i wanted to win!" and to me, there is the answer. You want to win ? you take the unnecessary risk.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
      You mean Paul Orndorff.
      Agreed, a wrestler is definitely more closely tied to sports than Kevin O'Leary.
      In my defense however I must claim being uneducated in the sport of pro wrestling and ring names of the participants.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
        Aikman is a guy with CTE wincing when people get concussions. That's not a tough thing for me to have compassion for.
        Seems like a personal problem. One that I don't need to be reminded of whenever there is a violent collision in a violent sport. I would suggest watching the link posted of a real life NFL athlete giving his opinion on the game, however I'm sure the DFWM NFL counsel's counter-points are far superior...
        Meanwhile Madden is a 81, and trying to live life to the fullest in his twilight years, but bring him back because you don't like the color commentators? How entitled are you?
        How far are you going to reach? Anything is better than the PC bullshit going on in the booths anymore. Hell I'd take Frank Gifford in his current state over Aikman's whining.

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
        You want to win ? you take the unnecessary risk.
        Excellent post. Going back to the Flacco hit, dimes to dollars he slid late to try and draw a penalty and got much more than he bargained for.

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
          Agreed, a wrestler is definitely more closely tied to sports than Kevin O'Leary.
          In my defense however I must claim being uneducated in the sport of pro wrestling and ring names of the participants.
          and you call yourself The King. Jerry is gonna punch you on Letterman.

Comment

Pussification of America get used to it! They will be pulling flags and wearing high heals before it’s all over.

Comment

After watching a youtube video titled "NFL hardest hits of all time" I am now 100% against ANY type of steroid testing.

Comment

And for my own personal gratification I wish they would have left well enough alone in the MLB. Who doesn't want to watch a roid freak smash a ball two stadiums deep...

Comment

They will all be playing flag football soon enough. The defense can't even play football without being worried about doing their job. Making a good hard hit will get you fined and maybe suspended.

Comment

Working...
                  X