Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Everyone’s yard should turn green again!
    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• So I bought this house back in March and the lawn was in pretty bad shape, but with fertilizer, a LOT of water, pulling weeds like a psycho meth head daily, and some MSMA for the back yard I think it came our pretty good.. next year should be great hopefully!
      image hosting websites

Still some areas that need work but I’m pretty happy
      "PSH!!!"

Comment

• That is one hell of a turn around in that time frame!
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

• Very nice turn around!

My yard was one of the only 2-3 greenish ones on my block till the beginning of August when we got all the rain. I was diligent all summer and watered and tried hard to keep it nice, the rest of my street was brown. I went out of town for a week and when I came back my WHOLE street had green yards due to the rain... Mine looks awesome now, but not as glaringly different from my lazy neighbors which kinda irks me but whatever, at least it all looks good now.
          Originally posted by stevo
          Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• These were taken 4/1 ish, there was a LOT of dallisgrass in the back yard
            imageupload
            temporary image upload
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

• Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
              My yard was one of the only 2-3 greenish ones on my block till the beginning of August when we got all the rain. I was diligent all summer and watered and tried hard to keep it nice, the rest of my street was brown. I went out of town for a week and when I came back my WHOLE street had green yards due to the rain... Mine looks awesome now, but not as glaringly different from my lazy neighbors which kinda irks me but whatever, at least it all looks good now.
              Haha, I was really glad we got all of that rain because a couple of my neighbors had all but given up on their yards. But for the most part our neighbors at least keep their yards borderline.. Now if I could get more of them to actually edge when they mow!! I never understood people who will keep it mowed but let it grow all over the curb onto the street. Hell, I'd almost rather that if they were going to do just one, that they'd edge rather than mow! lol

My yard has been looking pretty dang good this year, though I would love it if it were just a little thicker (it's getting there). I have St. Augustine, no sprinkler system, and a lot of trees, so it can be a challenge. That said, all I do most years is water and mow.. I've fertilized it once or twice in the last 10 years, and I do rake it really well each spring (I mulch my clippings most of time). Otherwise, I water it M/W/F for 20 minutes and Sat morning for 10 min (I usually mow Saturdays and it keeps the dust down).

I do water very early (before sunrise), which seems to work best for me. The yard faces East and with all of the trees, really only gets good sun in the mornings.

This was from late May.. Looks a little better / thicker now but I don't have a recent picture.

Attached Files

Comment

• Looks good man!
                Originally posted by stevo
                Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                  So I bought this house back in March and the lawn was in pretty bad shape, but with fertilizer, a LOT of water, pulling weeds like a psycho meth head daily, and some MSMA for the back yard I think it came our pretty good.. next year should be great hopefully!
                  image hosting websites

Still some areas that need work but I’m pretty happy
                  Almost BBQ Gun worthy.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

• Has anyone ever had luck killing poison ivy that’s growing in Asian jasmine? My dad has a lot growing in there
                    "PSH!!!"

Comment

• I may have let the grass grow too much. However, these new (installed in April) Gator G5 mower blades are MUCH better than the JD mulching blades.

Comment

• How many acres do you mow with that little thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          How many acres do you mow with that little thing?
                          5.3 acres

We were in the process of buying a new house where the previous owner passed away. Probate was supposed to have been resolved, until the day before closing something came up. Wife of the husband moved out of state and has allowed us to move in rent-free until it is resolved. Current closing is now set for the end of October, so I am just making due until it is official.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike K View Post
                            5.3 acres

We were in the process of buying a new house where the previous owner passed away. Probate was supposed to have been resolved, until the day before closing something came up. Wife of the husband moved out of state and has allowed us to move in rent-free until it is resolved. Current closing is now set for the end of October, so I am just making due until it is official.
                            Good lord, does it take you a week?

I mow a buddy's place, 8 acres, on a commercial zero turn in about 3.5 hours, and that's hauling fucking ass. Those riders are sooooooooooo fucking slow in comparison.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                              Has anyone ever had luck killing poison ivy that’s growing in Asian jasmine? My dad has a lot growing in there
                              Nuke it and start over. Roundup has a poison ivy product, but it's higher than giraffe pussy buying it by the quart, depending on how much area you have to spray. It will also take out the jasmine with it. I bought a case of Triclopyr (the active ingredient in the Roundup posion ivy), but I also mix 30 gallons at a time in a trailer sprayer.

Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

• Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                Good lord, does it take you a week?

I mow a buddy's place, 8 acres, on a commercial zero turn in about 3.5 hours, and that's hauling fucking ass. Those riders are sooooooooooo fucking slow in comparison.
                                If the grass is a reasonable height it takes me 6-7 hours to do the whole yard. It's about 1 acre per hour, but the back paddock (where the picture was taken) is really rough. The previous owner had horses, so the ground isn't exactly level and I feel like I need a kidney transplant when I am done. We will get longhorns, leaving 3 acres to mow, but again, I can't do anything until I actually own the place.

Comment

Working...
                                X