Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
    Any time!

I've been looking at different coyote calls online. I'd love to call them in and drop 'em in their tracks...
    I’ve got a remote electric one somewhere. I’ll see if I can dig it out tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by krazy kris View Post
      Those possums will kill chickens as well. They will just eat the head though. I shot a possum in my coop a couple nights ago.
      Luckily our coop is virtually impossible for any 4 legged critter to enter once the doors are closed. The only thing getting in here would be a snake if it climbs the walls to the vented windows 6' above grade.

Originally posted by GE View Post
      Where are you at?
      Get in line!

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
      I’ve got a remote electric one somewhere. I’ll see if I can dig it out tonight.
      That would be great!

I shined my flashlight across mine and the neighbor's yards last night and there were two coyote laying down, staring back at me from 200' away from the porch. I walked towards them and they didn't move until I was roughly 100' away. They just lazily walked off into the dense brush. Were I equipped, I could have easily shot one of them.

I'm ordering a Yankee Hill Nitro 30 suppressor from 'Musbrad2' today.

Comment

Crappy zoomed in iPhone pic but you get the point. I set up a snare at a spot where I knew the coyote were crossing through the fence. Finally snagged one after a week or so. Caught it around the hips instead of neck but I don’t care, a catch is a catch.

That’s two now.

Comment

And for anyone interested in going the 'personal' route on a suppressor, Brad tells me it's running around 180 days for the whole process. My check cleared a few days ago so it looks like this summer before I get my suppressor out of jail.

Comment

I got 180 then I got an update the other day stating 220, now with the government shutdown I don’t know how that will effect the wait time.

Comment

NFA examiners are non essential employees, so the paperwork is just sitting there stacking up.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                NFA examiners are non essential employees, so the paperwork is just sitting there stacking up.
                I would consider them as useless employees. Did you know that the NFA does not require the system as it is set up? It only says that a $200 tax has to be paid and says nothing about the process. We should change it where you simply pay the $200 at point-of-sale like you do with sales tax.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Took this pic a few minutes ago. 2:10 in the afternoon. Overcast day. My front yard.

We lost two chickens Monday late afternoon. It’s been a while but they’re onto us again.

Comment

Coyote, be damned.

We picked up two Great Pyrenees in late-April. They're roughly 4 months old now and growing fast. Both came from working parents on large 'ranch' homes. His parents work an 85 acre ranch and her parents work a 35 acre ranch. Both pups were around chickens, goats, cattle and horses from birth until we got them 9 or 11 weeks later. They've been with our goats, chickens and donkey since we brought them home.

Hopefully, these two are our solution to the chicken buffet for the local coyote population. Good timing, too, as we've got three pregnant goats and should have a bunch of baby goats around the time I'd consider the pups big enough to make a coyote think twice about jumping the fence.

Comment

Working...
                    X