Corvette C8 Official Reveal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
    Someone will have that trunk space ripped out and twin turbos in there before you know it.
    no doubt!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
      looks don't really impress me, and its out of my price range, so it's not like it matters what I think anyway.
      Group buy! I bet we can finance it for 10 years.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by s1lv3r View Post
        Someone will have that trunk space ripped out and twin turbos in there before you know it.

GM is actively doing anything that they can to make them untunable. They are now able to read the ECM and update it wirelessly.

Good luck!
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          GM is actively doing anything that they can to make them untunable. They are now able to read the ECM and update it wirelessly.

Good luck!
          LS1 + “about 9” grand.

Comment

I hope this lowers the C6Z market
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

No manual transmission means I wouldn't buy one even if I could afford it. Shame too, because I like the looks.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                No manual transmission means I wouldn't buy one even if I could afford it. Shame too, because I like the looks.
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                  Why not?
                  No shit, car looks pretty damn good, I thought the Stingray was the best Vette yet and this think comes out and it looks amazing. Whats there not to like, most mfgs. are using some form of a slushbox and they turn better times than a stick, sign me up.
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Sounds nice.....

Die neue Chevrolet Corvette C8 als Erlk?nig auf der N?rburgring Nordschleife am 12.09.2018Hier gibt?s noch mehr Action!Green Hell Driving Days: https://youtu...

Mustangs previously owned:
                    1967 Coupe V8 (My first car)
                    1992 LX AOD
                    1993 LX Drag Car
                    1995 GTS
                    1997 Cobra
                    2000 Cobra R

2002 Corvette C5 A4 10.64@ 127.1
                    Undercover SC Dragster 8.10's

In the garage now....
                    2016 Honda Accord Touring
                    2015 F-150 Silver 5.0 XLT SuperCrew, like new condition

Retired 2008 after 41 years as an EE at LTV (Garland)/TI/Raytheon. Enjoying ham radio now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                      No shit, car looks pretty damn good, I thought the Stingray was the best Vette yet and this think comes out and it looks amazing. Whats there not to like, most mfgs. are using some form of a slushbox and they turn better times than a stick, sign me up.
                      I mean, this isnt even a slushbox, its a DCT, with paddles.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Exactly, for those that haven't driven a DCT, it's MUCH better than a slushbox, very mechanical feeling with good feedback
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          Exactly, for those that haven't driven a DCT, it's MUCH better than a slushbox, very mechanical feeling with good feedback
                          YUP! Not worried about the transmission at all. I respect that folks want to, "roll their own" but the fact is that the manual tranny is a performance laggard compared to just about any DCT on the market. If you wan't more control of the car, just the paddle shifters.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            YUP! Not worried about the transmission at all. I respect that folks want to, "roll their own" but the fact is that the manual tranny is a performance laggard compared to just about any DCT on the market. If you wan't more control of the car, just the paddle shifters.
                            agreed.

I pulled the C4 out of my 69 and put a t3550 in. After lots of persuading, I broke down and bought a 4r70w and a controller for it. The controller makes all the difference in the world, it's actually pretty fun, and Im working on setting up paddle shift next. The DCT in my wife's escape is a different animal and I like it a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Why not?
                              Because automatics are boring as fuck.

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              I don't care about performance times, I've had my 18 SS for a year and haven't taken it to the track once.

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              I've driven DCT cars, under powered ones, but still DCT. I still prefer the manual.

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              Again, not concerned about getting a few tenths in the 1/4 mile. You can't fly into a corner, drop from 5th to 2nd gear, pop the clutch and slide the rear end around with paddle shifters. You can't rev it up and dump the clutch, you can't bang 2nd gear with any kind of authority with a paddle shifter.

Basically, you can't drive like this with a damned paddle shifter.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                                Because automatics are boring as fuck.

I don't care about performance times, I've had my 18 SS for a year and haven't taken it to the track once.

I've driven DCT cars, under powered ones, but still DCT. I still prefer the manual.

Again, not concerned about getting a few tenths in the 1/4 mile. You can't fly into a corner, drop from 5th to 2nd gear, pop the clutch and slide the rear end around with paddle shifters. You can't rev it up and dump the clutch, you can't bang 2nd gear with any kind of authority with a paddle shifter.

Basically, you can't drive like this with a damned paddle shifter.
                                If i didn't commute in DFW I might agree with you.

Give me the auto.

Comment

Working...
                                X