No announcement yet.

First paint job in progress......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks damn good for your 1st time, hell I wouldnt be able to tell if it was your 1st or 101st....from the pics you did a great job!!

Comment

Want to paint another for more practice? :wink1: Ive got an 85 4Runner that could use a home paint job.

Comment

Hey man, I was impressed enough to TTT your thread. It takes balls to paint a whole car and you should be proud of how that turned out. Very nice.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Looks damn good.

Comment

"If it aint right, PAINT IT WHITE!" looks good man! I love to see people do/complete their own projects
            "PSH!!!"

Comment

Much appreciated guys

Looking back, I forgot how much work was involved. I don't think I'll be quite as intimidated the next time.

Link to photobucket with all the pictures I took.

Store your photos and videos online with secure storage from Photobucket. Available on iOS, Android and desktop. Securely backup your memories and sign up today!

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                I don't think I'll be quite as intimidated the next time.
                So you will paint my 4Runner!

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon88 View Post
                  So you will paint my 4Runner!
                  too many windows!!! that would probably be a big job compared to an old foxbody, but for the right price............

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                    too many windows!!! that would probably be a big job compared to an old foxbody, but for the right price............
                    Too many windows? I dont need the top painted. So, only 2 windows. Easy work! Actually, thinking of selling it right now.

Comment

Man what would you charge to do another coupe?
                      www.protechfencestaining.com
                      Bryan Durham
                      214-991-4979

Comment

Originally posted by 89SILVERCOUPE View Post
                        If he isn't interested PM me.
                        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Good work my man. I painted my 66' in the Garage. I wish mine had turned out like yours. I SUCK at clearcoat. Most of mine came out "Frosty" because I didn't want it too "wet" and have runs.

Took about 20 hours of sanding/buffing to get it where it's at now. Good work.

Comment

That looks great. The white was a really good choice. I have an old wagon that needs a quick respray, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by 89SILVERCOUPE View Post
                              Damn! I missed out on more beer money! I should've checked this thread earlier.

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
                              Good work my man. I painted my 66' in the Garage. I wish mine had turned out like yours. I SUCK at clearcoat. Most of mine came out "Frosty" because I didn't want it too "wet" and have runs.

Took about 20 hours of sanding/buffing to get it where it's at now. Good work.
                              Thanks! I just finished building a '66. It took about a year and boy it was an experience.

I had some practice with clear coat. Well, on small parts to get the gist of it. It's definitely a skill to lay it down error free the first time. I had bad runs on one panel that I spent hours smoothing out, but other than that I got lucky.

Originally posted by Jimbo View Post
                              That looks great. The white was a really good choice. I have an old wagon that needs a quick respray, lol.
                              Thank you sir.

Oh man its messy work. That is the biggest problem. I will be fresh out of projects here shortly though. I'm feeling the itch to find another one already.

Comment

how much paint did you end up using?

Comment

Working...
                                X