Painters, what guns/paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painters, what guns/paint

What paint are yall using and what guns are you spraying it with?

I am using R-M Onyx-HD Water base and shooting it with Iwata lph-400 w/ orange cap and a 1.4 tip. Clearing with Diamont 5600 and 5300 and using an Iwata W-400 w/ a 1.3 tip.

I was using the Glasurit 90-line water. The onyx is pretty much the same.

I use a Sata-Jet 2000 digital 1.4 tip. w/green cap. I mainly use DuPont BM for most cars and Standox for my euro cars.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

All depennds on what equipment the shop has. If you are using high flow lines and fittings a small tip works better. I use a 1.3 for base and 1.2 for clear using water base and high solids clear. Using standard flow fittings seems to need a bigger tip set.

Using solvent base I use a 1.4 base and 1.5 clear. I use a Larger tip when doing completes, 1.5 or 1.6 helps keep it wet and flows better.

Same set up seems to work with most brands. I have used PPG, DuPont, Sikkens, Spies Hecker, and Glasurit 90 Line.

Comment

basf says use a 1.4 or 1.5 for the water base. I have noticed that I like the 1.4 better than the 1.3.

Comment

What kind of 1.2 gun are you clearing with?

Comment

I still use my sata 2000s. I've only sprayed satas my whole career starting in 94.

Comment

I'm currently using a Devilbiss Tekna and I'm loving the awesome atomization and extremely large fan pattern. I know you SATA guys might not agree, but I think it can give SATA a run for its money.
              --carlos

sigpic

Comment

From what I understand the Teknas are badass for B/C but not so good for C/C unless you use differant caps. You have to use 1.4 and a different cap from another gun in their line. I used to love the De's back in the siphon cup days for C/C but I'm a creature of habit and the Satas give me no probelms.
                Originally posted by Silverback
                Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I'm with you on the SATA. I've used my 2000 for a long time without problems, but this TEKNA is laying down the BC really nice. gonna have to get the CC cap for it and see how it does.
                  --carlos

sigpic

Comment

After using the Iwata guns I gave my 2000 to my helper for a primer gun.

Comment

I got an Iwata w-400 ill sell cheap. I used it for about two months then bought the iwata lph-400. I also use a devilbiss plus for base and that new devilbiss tekna gun. For primer I use that new 3m plastic gun with the disposable ends
                      1997 viper gts
                      1986 turbo mustang
                      1987 Buick grand national
                      1972 nova

Comment

Big tip keeps it wet? Maybe for a low/medium solids clear. A good heavy high solids clear would look like hammered shit with a big tip. Too much liquid for the air to atomize. HOZER. Makes it look like a fat ladies ass.

Comment

And I still use my #7. Kicks ass.

Comment

I have a SATAjet 2000 Digital with a 1.4tip but I've yet to use it. I plan on spraying my jeep and doing all the panels here very shortly, but I've never shot a vehicle before with this gun, and it's been years since I've painted.

What is a good primer/base/clear to focus on for a durable paint job? My paint is mopar deep forest green pearl.
                            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              I have a SATAjet 2000 Digital with a 1.4tip but I've yet to use it. I plan on spraying my jeep and doing all the panels here very shortly, but I've never shot a vehicle before with this gun, and it's been years since I've painted.
                              You STILL haven't used that damn thing?
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X