Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about Glasurit paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone know anything about Glasurit paint?

I have a guy doing some body work on my caddy and he gave me a gallon of Glasurit black. He says the paint is worth $500/gal which I think is bs. He constantly talks about how this paint is the blackist black of all paints which sounds ridiculous.
    Glasurit 22 22-m 26 deep black

Sounds real high. Tell him to prove it. Get a small amount and put some metallic in it. You can get a small amount from any store that mixes automotive paint. I bet it turns green or purple. (It should be charcoal.) Black is usually cheap and the same color for a model T or a Lamborghini.
    sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
    17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
    13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
    86 SVO - Sold
    '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
    01 TJ - new toy - Sold
    65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Not so fast jr. Blacks are very different. Typically a domestic car is more of a brown black and euros are a blue black. Most mixing systems have 2 blacks for this reason. Ford UA is not even close to straight black(although I shoot it w/ standard black most of the time). Toyota Super Black calls for straight black, no other toners. There are a few more that I can't remember, paint fumes=memory loss. I can see a gallon of black being pretty close to 5 large in glaso. A mixed pint goes for 50 bucks now days.

btw, if that is a dark(bluer) black and your car is not and you panel paint something you will be able to tell the difference in the sun.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
        Not so fast jr. Blacks are very different. Typically a domestic car is more of a brown black and euros are a blue black. Most mixing systems have 2 blacks for this reason. Ford UA is not even close to straight black(although I shoot it w/ standard black most of the time). Toyota Super Black calls for straight black, no other toners. There are a few more that I can't remember, paint fumes=memory loss. I can see a gallon of black being pretty close to 5 large in glaso. A mixed pint goes for 50 bucks now days.

btw, if that is a dark(bluer) black and your car is not and you panel paint something you will be able to tell the difference in the sun.
        This is going on a 1940 Cadillac series 62. The car is being taken down to bare metal, dipped, primered and painted. Right now theres a lot more to do. The guy doing the paint/body work gave us the paint for free so I dont think the difference in the black is going to make a drasstic difference. Although itś nice to get something for free. just wanted to make sure he didnt give us a gallon of chinese lawn mower paint or something.

Comment

Sdun knows his shit. Ford UA is not just black toner like so many others are. It has Black, green, yellow and white toners to achieve its color. Toyota has a black that has, black, yellow and red toners to achive their desired black. Now on to your question, Glaso is a premium paint line but just a gallon of black toner is still pretty pricey. Like sdun stated, $40.00 to $60.00 dollars a pint is the norm for just the basecoat.
          Originally posted by Silverback
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
          X