Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gotta give the Air Force some cred here...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gotta give the Air Force some cred here...

This type of "making do with what you have" thinking is usually a Navy\Marine thing...
    (using old shit sitting in the back of a storage shed at the end of the runway is not a new phenomenon)

https://www.af.mil/News/Article-Disp...or-a-huge-win/

Awesome! Who said newer was better?!?!
    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Yeah, gotta love when you give the fuel farm copies of the flight sked, make sure they're aware for hot pit events, and they still show up wayyyyy late. Good thinking by the AF on this one. Probably thought of it over Chateaubriand and pate' paired with a lovely bottle of Haut-Médoc at their dining facility.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
        Good thinking by the AF on this one. Probably thought of it over Chateaubriand and pate' paired with a lovely bottle of Haut-Médoc at their dining facility.
        LOL... How true...

Comment

Nice job, "hey, we should hook up the big old one to the new shit". Big impact stuff at a low level is almost always good.

Comment

Engineers in the defense industry are good at over designing and under engineering. Complexity and sensitivity are seen as a good thing regardless of reliability and usability. It infuriates me to no end to have to constantly fight unnecessary complexity.

Comment

Hey that F35 is from Hill AFB, my birthplace.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                Hey that F35 is from Hill AFB, my birthplace.

It's where I started my career, the 388th AMXS, 4th AMU. On block 40 F-16
                You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                  Engineers in the defense industry are good at over designing and under engineering. Complexity and sensitivity are seen as a good thing regardless of reliability and usability. It infuriates me to no end to have to constantly fight unnecessary complexity.
                  Try owning some German made cars.....
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                  X