Looking for a good auto body shop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a good auto body shop

I'm looking into getting my car back as a roller this weekend and take it in to a few shops for quotes, hopefully I could get the car into a shop soon. I was thinking Clark brothers or picassos any thoughts on them shops? The car will be stripped and primed with high build 2k but will need body work done. I have all supplies to spray base and clear with a budget around 2-3k, would that budget be enough? no disassembly or assembly needed I just want it filled,guide coated, blocked and straight no imperfections sanding scratches ect.. Will have new cervinis hood, OEM front and rear bumpers so minimal prep on them. I still need to get doors deck lid and fenders down to metal epoxy primed and 2k before taken to the shop but if they can work it in might pay more
    Last edited by FOKAI; 04-05-2016, 07:24 AM.

I don't know the other shop but Picassos is decent but they tend to take a while. He also stands behind his warranty but if it is needed you will have to lean on him pretty hard. Evo customs does good quality work FYI.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott Mc View Post
      I don't know the other shop but Picassos is decent but they tend to take a while. He also stands behind his warranty but if it is needed you will have to lean on him pretty hard. Evo customs does good quality work FYI.
      Eco customs in Arlington? I don't want to rush a paint job but also don't want to wait a year to get car back I figured 2-3 months be plenty of time

Comment

He came from that shop but is now in north FW. That is more than enough time.

Comment

From what I heard some shops tend to not warranty work if anything was done from someone else, u might just want to have them primer it too

Originally posted by DOHCTR
          You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
            From what I heard some shops tend to not warranty work if anything was done from someone else, u might just want to have them primer it too
            Yes, I want them to prime, guide coat, block, fill and so on before paint, pretty much go over what is on the car already. They just don't need to take down or strip anything because it has already been done. If its a cheaper route I can spray sealer, base and clear to engine bay, trunk, jams like I did with my other build but I prefer not to because I don't want tape lines unless they can back mask where you wouldn't be able to tell. I have all the materials they would need to work on my car 3m and evercoat gold filler, u pol self leveling puddy, 2k primer, seam sealer, slick sand extreme build primer, white ppg epoxy primer can be reduced for sealer, ppg base and clear, sandpaper ect. I would spray my own car but I don't have a booth and I want this car close to perfect.
            Last edited by FOKAI; 04-06-2016, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I know in Florida there was a few places that would let you rent a booth. Maybe there's a place like that in DFW?

Comment

slick sand extreme build? Are you talking about 4:1 super build? or just regular slick sand.

Comment

Originally posted by sdun View Post
                  slick sand extreme build? Are you talking about 4:1 super build? or just regular slick sand.
                  Regular

Comment

I have had nothing but good experiences from Clarks brothers in Arlington, the three jobs I took them were by no means high money jobs but they came through with a great end result with a very short turnaround

Comment

Working...
                    X