Engine coolant temp sensor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine coolant temp sensor

Is this sensor necessary? The one that goes on the upper intake on a 93mustang, I'm having trouble installing the heater core tubes and was wondering if I even needed it

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Tha one for the temp guage no, thats the one on driver side. But the one by the water outlet, yes

2003 f250
    1990 mustang gt stock 68k miles
    1990 mustang gt 347 t56
    1994 peterbilt 377 dump truck 450hp cat
    1997 freightliner 500hp detriot[/FONT]

Comment

What's the purpose of it? Doesn't a tune help with the issue if that ain't there

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
        What's the purpose of it? Doesn't a tune help with the issue if that ain't there
        Just go to homo depot and get a reducer fitting and you can put the sensor in the intake without the heater tube.
        07 GT500
        05 SRT10
        88 turbocoupe T-bird
        93 Cobra
        86 coupe
        Ducati 848

Comment

It will not run right without it. The one on the passenger side in the heater tube is tied directly to the ecu. I know one of its main purposes is for cold start enrichment. Probably it's main purpose is emissions, probably there's folks who can tune around it. I dunno. I wouldn't get rid of it personally.

Comment

Well I plan on using the heater tubes, but since I have bigger fuel lines the heater tubes won't fit there anymore so I'm trying to find a work around

Comment

Run hoses off the water pump straight to the heater core. Then, as mentioned above, go to home depot and get you a pipe thread reducer bushing and plug the sensor into the hole for the heater tube.

Without the sensor the computer will think the engine is cold all the time and it will run very rich.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Originally posted by racrguy
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                Run hoses off the water pump straight to the heater core. Then, as mentioned above, go to home depot and get you a pipe thread reducer bushing and plug the sensor into the hole for the heater tube.

Without the sensor the computer will think the engine is cold all the time and it will run very rich.
                its been a while since I had it hooked up properly but the heater core has 2 hoses, I know 1 can go straight to the water pump but what about the other one?

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
                  its been a while since I had it hooked up properly but the heater core has 2 hoses, I know 1 can go straight to the water pump but what about the other one?
                  The other will need to go to the intake. So you will need a T-fitting at that sensor or put in the back fitting on intake.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

Working...
                  X