X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For 36x60 install and remove I pay 375 a window low e vinyl installed

Comment

Originally posted by slow84lx View Post
      I'm very interested in the hearing of the results of those doing new installs of LowE windows for energy efficiency, comfort, and noise transmission. I'm considering replacing some of the windows in my townhouse but would like to hear more real world results from those who have done it already.

All my windows currently have condensation between the panes from leaking seals. Resealing as outlined is an option but it might be better to go ahead with upgraded replacements. Only 3 of my windows have brick around them, the rest have siding around them which should make replacement easier.

Which manufacturers are you guys with good results using?

Which manufacturers should be avoided?

There are several window constructions available. Fiberglass, aluminum, and vinyl seem to be the most popular. What are you guys choosing & what was the deciding factor for that choice?

Prices are all over the board. What are realistic prices to pay for quality LowE windows in standard sizes?

Would you do it again or settle for the reseal?

Jonathan

No way I would ever re seal any windows. I can't say mine are way quieter but there is a difference. My AC has always worked well and after upgrading all the lighting and pool equip it is hard to tell how much efficiency I gained. I noticed the biggest difference when I tinted my two back French doors. I mean the second the tint was on the glass it was huge. However, back to the windows, the fact I can raise them with one hand, and there are no drafts is a win. I don't care what you do to old windows there will just be no substitute for new hardware and materials.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        No way I would ever re seal any windows. I can't say mine are way quieter but there is a difference. My AC has always worked well and after upgrading all the lighting and pool equip it is hard to tell how much efficiency I gained. I noticed the biggest difference when I tinted my two back French doors. I mean the second the tint was on the glass it was huge. However, back to the windows, the fact I can raise them with one hand, and there are no drafts is a win. I don't care what you do to old windows there will just be no substitute for new hardware and materials.
        I think he misunderstood my explanation of a reglaze!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
        Originally posted by Leah
        Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

Wrong terminology perhaps but the understanding was clear. Thanks for outlining the process.

Comment

Ya thought I responded to your reply to my request - apparently not. I also appreciate you outlining it, for us it may be worth looking at and at least getting a quote.
            Originally posted by MR EDD
            U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Well I pulled the trigger on low-e windows.... total cost for all 12 windows low-e in my house is $4,800... the example he uses with low-e vs. my dual pane with a heat lamp was night and day.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

I understand both processes they use to re do windows. I have a good friend that owns a glass company. I get that you can pull them apart and completely re build them to a point. I have even heard they can add the gas back into them. I got pricing on all three and it was just better to come in and put new windows in the house. Even if you completely rebuild them your tolerances are not going to be as good as the new windows and the newer features are nicer. Like being able to raise the window or flip it up and out for cleaning. I can pop the locks and open my windows in a matter of seconds VS wrestling with the old ones.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I understand both processes they use to re do windows. I have a good friend that owns a glass company. I get that you can pull them apart and completely re build them to a point. I have even heard they can add the gas back into them. I got pricing on all three and it was just better to come in and put new windows in the house. Even if you completely rebuild them your tolerances are not going to be as good as the new windows and the newer features are nicer. Like being able to raise the window or flip it up and out for cleaning. I can pop the locks and open my windows in a matter of seconds VS wrestling with the old ones.
                  Having a connection is always a good thing!

I wish my house was siding, I would have swapped mine out already!

Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

I used the company Window World
                    Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                      I used the company Window World
                      I went with them to. I listen to The Ticket all day so their commercials brought me to them. Did alittle research on the dfw branch and gave them a call....wanted Anderson windows but it was way out of my price range.

Comment

You know what the argon inside does?
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          Leaks out?

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            Leaks out?
                            pretty much.
                            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                              By the time they got through replacing glass, sealing them up and replacing hardware, it would have been more than half of what new was. It was a no brainer. I have one old window in the garage and every time I raise and lower it I know I made the right decision!
                              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

By the time they got through replacing glass, sealing them up and replacing hardware, it would have been more than half of what new was. It was a no brainer. I have one old window in the garage and every time I raise and lower it I know I made the right decision!
                                I feel like you didnt even read what I wrote.

Comment

Working...
                                X