No announcement yet.

Alien:Covenant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked it, kind of got back to their roots. I rented Promethius the other night and didn;t realize I had missed a lot of little things. Like them flying off in the end. Maybe I just forgot. LOL
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
      Trailer looks good but after the steaming pile that was Prometheus, I will remain cautiously optimistic.
      prometheus was great.
      "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
      "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
        I'd like a whole movie or trilogy related to the rise of the aliens and the fall of the engineers.
        In prometheus, I didn't get the feel like the aliens would have been any match for the engineers. When the giant tentacled one was fighting that one awakened engineer towards the end of the movie, he actually resisted it for a bit. You could tell how strong he was, by the way he was stretching it out, in his attempt to escape. If he'd had one of his weapons, you'd have a dead squid alien. So now you have to imagine scores of engineers, with their weapons, against the early aliens, like that squid one. Whatever the engineers were running from, early on in the movie, couldn't have been that pititul example. Just one of them would have disintegrated it. It is a bit of a hole in the story, that he wasn't carrying any kind of weapon. Which we'd have to assume would be very powerful, likely much greater than the human weapons which can actually kill the aliens.
        WH

Comment

The problem a lot of people had with Prometheus is they a) knew it was a prequel to aliens b) expected aliens.

The story probably was underwhelming if you wanted to see aliens slaughtering people. If you went into the movie open-minded, you should have been pleased. Lately, Ridley Scott has been getting kind of brainy with his movies. Prometheus was exactly that. It told the story of the "creators," and in such, the origin of ourselves, etc. The antagonist was the black sludge, which gave viewers a perspective on the engineers, and their mentality. It also gave us an insight to the aliens themselves. I really enjoyed that movie. I thought the atmosphere, dialog, and scenery was superb. I enjoyed it much more the second and third time.
          "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
          "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I am liking all of these movies. My wife and I went back and watched all the aliens this past week. Still some lingering questions though.

In the original Alien where did that engineer ship come from? Was it on a mission to destroy a different planet? We assume the "space jockey" had a queen in him and she laid all the eggs?

In Prometheus if the engineer remains on the ship were chest busted...where were the aliens? There is a little bit of plot gap too, like in Prom how there is a mural of an alien but it was not until David perfected them after that they truly took that form??

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
              prometheus was great.
              Man, it was a mess. A visually beautiful mess, but the story is terribly, unforgivably broken.

Comment

I really didn't like the way that they sort of changed the original alien movie. I always thought that it was really cool and mysterious that the engineer in the ship in the movie "Alien", seemed like he was sort of grown in the ship. It left you questioning the back story. Like if that was really just some sort of organic computer. And if so, where was the actual crew, if there ever was any?

It seemed to me that in "Alien" we were meant to believe that the pilot of that ship, was really very 'alien' to us, the human race. And not just some really tall race of near-humans, that were likely the greek gods or perhaps the titans. They kind of ruined it for me by making the pilot a human like creature instead of this weird form of life that would take them a lot of work to understand.
                WH

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                  Man, it was a mess. A visually beautiful mess, but the story is terribly, unforgivably broken.
                  Alien covenant was a mess. Boring, shallow, and predictable. Almost no character development, I didn't give a shit about any of the characters. The aliens were confusing, disjointed, and shittily explained.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    Alien covenant was a mess. Boring, shallow, and predictable. Almost no character development, I didn't give a shit about any of the characters. The aliens were confusing, disjointed, and shittily explained.
                    Man, that's too bad. I was hoping for better.

Comment

Hmm, I kinda of felt the same about this movie. It almost was identical to the first Alien movie.

Nothing will be better that Aliens.
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
                      X