Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever checked out chinese smartphone's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tx Redneck View Post
    Damn son, that's some industrial grade tinfoil you're rockin there.
    lol I would argue but I know you don't like the spying either
    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
      Android is open source, which they say is great. I've no doubt that open source is great, but I still question who exactly is combing through the code and understands it completely. Who exactly, is sitting there reading through the latest android code like you or I would read a book, and monitoring for the evil that could be written in?

My guess is that the number of people actually capable of doing that, and that ARE doing that regularly, are few.
      No one reads all of the code, that would be too big of a task, as well kernel changes dont work that way, it is hierarchical in code approval. Its similar to how a CEO doesn't need to know everyone's job, just the overview of their direct constituents. However there are many people that can read and understand it. I can if you have any questions about any kernel changes, I can tell you why.

However on the whole, the reason why you see UI and kernel upgrades often in Anrdoid is because of how the platform that uses it is constantly in a state of flux. Let me give a quick explanation and you can ask questions if you'd like.

Apple IOS is an operating system that is designed for Apple's phone. There is only one manufacturer of Apple phones, and that is Apple themselves. They know exactly what goes into each and every device, therefore they only have to code drivers and api's for a finite amount of hardware.

Anrdoid phones are created by many different manufacturers which creates an unmanageable situation of developing software that works universally with all hardware. Bill Gates actually said this would be Open Source softwares downfall, and in my belief he is right. Appliance based systems ( such as a phone ) should be more closed source than open. I just want my phone to work, I dont care about adding random shit to it. Make calls, text, and let me use a couple of simple applications.

Since there are so many different hardware platforms for Android, it is constantly having to make changes and updates to address them. The reason why they change the UI and other things you might see as unnecessary is because the operating system is basically run inside another operating system. This causes latency delay in the interface which is why you'll typically feel like you're getting a more responsive experience with an iPhone as there is less buffer between the OS and the hardware.

When they update the UI it is typically for improved experience as that is the most important aspect of any phone.
      Last edited by abecx; 05-24-2017, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X