Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
    I stand by my input. Rivers look like garbage

Edit: it seems y'all are confused. My opinion is that he should get different wheels that don't need that garbage. I'm not saying he should disassemble the wheels. Jesus you fucks
    Well then. I stand by fucking reality... they aren't fucking rivets. Expensive wheel education time!

High-end multi-piece racing wheels needs bolts (not rivets) to put them together. If a certain part breaks/bends, like the hoop from smacking a track apron, they replace a hoop instead of the entire wheel. It serves a purpose. With your logic... Should I just weld my wheels to the hub because I don't like lug nuts? ... I mean, they look just like rivets.

... Asking for a friend.
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

can we just call em #buttons?
      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
        can we just call em #buttons?
        No.
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        dont downshift!!

Comment

Originally posted by BradM View Post
          Did someone jump your ass and then delete their post?
          No, it was meant more tongue in cheek than everyone decided to take it. But people love to take any chance they get on here to try and dog pile something minor like me assuming anyone would know I meant get a one piece wheel without the rivets

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
          Well then. I stand by fucking reality... they aren't fucking rivets. Expensive wheel education time!

High-end multi-piece racing wheels needs bolts (not rivets) to put them together. If a certain part breaks/bends, like the hoop from smacking a track apron, they replace a hoop instead of the entire wheel. It serves a purpose. With your logic... Should I just weld my wheels to the hub because I don't like lug nuts? ... I mean, they look just like rivets.

... Asking for a friend.
          Yes, get nanners to weld them together.

Or get high end forged one piece wheels.............
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Get rid of the rivets
            Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
            Why not just contact iforged and find out if they stand behind their product or not?
            I stand by my input. Rivers look like garbage

Edit: it seems y'all are confused. My opinion is that he should get different wheels that don't need that garbage. I'm not saying he should disassemble the wheels. Jesus you fucks
            No, it was meant more tongue in cheek than everyone decided to take it. But people love to take any chance they get on here to try and dog pile something minor like me assuming anyone would know I meant get a one piece wheel without the rivets

Yes, get nanners to weld them together.

Yea, those high end one piece wheels are super cheap to fix and replace. No need for that gay 3 piece shit.

Comment

You should weld every piece of your car together.
              dont downshift!!

Comment

You should weld every piece of your car together.
                Exactly

Comment

Exactly
                  Got a welder, boy?
                  dont downshift!!

Comment

Got a welder, boy?
                    Yeah son. Naynay will weld all your stuff together

Comment

Agree that one piece wheels look much better. If you don't mind the look of the 3 piece than I say go with a matching look. Chrome lips with painted centers aren't the best look anymore. Looks dated to me.

People arguing about fixing the 3pc wheels... get real ain't no body racing their cars.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyS View Post
                        Why not just contact iforged and find out if they stand behind their product or not?
                        They do not, thats why they are no longer in business. Thats why I am getting new wheels from a company I know and trust. One of our members here, 04Sleeper, is the designer of these wheels.
                        Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

Originally posted by akfodysvn View Post
                          Agree that one piece wheels look much better. If you don't mind the look of the 3 piece than I say go with a matching look. Chrome lips with painted centers aren't the best look anymore. Looks dated to me.

People arguing about fixing the 3pc wheels... get real ain't no body racing their cars.
                          Um, I do. But on that note if I did something that would damage a wheel I would bet a whole lot more of the car would be hurt. lol
                          Good judgment comes from bad decisions and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.

Comment

FWIW - There actually is such a thing as forged high-end wheels without visible hardware. I've had a few sets over the years both with and without, although I don't care for the hardware myself (bolts NOT rivets...we're not talking about Centerline Autodrags here ).

I've been shopping wheels for one of my 93' Cobras, and what I'm looking for is a little unique (or so I thought)....I need the rears in a 18x12, to take 5/8" studs, and I don't want visible hardware for the centers. So far I've spoken with TrueForged, Forgeline, and Rushforth....all said no problem to build them ....many of their styles are actually offered standard with or without hardware, and they can drill them for 5/8's studs....they refer to that as a "Mark Williams Cut".

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like forgeline.

3-piece forged Fikse on my 911, no visible hardware -

Last edited by Rreemo; 06-05-2017, 01:32 PM.
                            70' Chevelle RagTop
                            (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

BTW - OP, I like the wheel you posted...polished lips are starting to fade a little in style, but they still look great with a black car IMO. I think those will really pop on a black Vette.
                              70' Chevelle RagTop
                              (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Originally posted by Rreemo View Post
                                FWIW - There actually is such a thing as forged high-end wheels without visible hardware. I've had a few sets over the years both with and without, although I don't care for the hardware myself (bolts NOT rivets...we're not talking about Centerline Autodrags here ).

I've been shopping wheels for one of my 93' Cobras, and what I'm looking for is a little unique (or so I thought)....I need the rears in a 18x12, to take 5/8" studs, and I don't want visible hardware for the centers. So far I've spoken with TrueForged, Forgeline, and Rushforth....all said no problem to build them ....many of their styles are actually offered standard with or without hardware, and they can drill them for 5/8's studs....they refer to that as a "Mark Williams Cut".

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like forgeline.

3-piece forged Fikse on my 911, no visible hardware -

hey now...

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                                X