Best BBQ joints in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dickey's
    When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
      dickey's
      Thats some keyboard commando stuff there!

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        i eat mine or angelos .
        I remember when you couldn't get better bbq than Angelo's....but that place has really went down hill. 20 years ago they would always sell out of ribs on a Friday or Saturday night. Now the place is half empty.

Comment

Another vote for Pecan Lodge. If you go for lunch during the week, get there about 11 and expect a line. Mike Andersons (IIRC) on Harry Hines is also good. Hutchins would be 3rd but I'd try the all you can eat. There plates will leave you hungry and pissed.

I still need to try Hard Eight in Coppell.

Under no circumstance, ever and never, go to Slow Bone on Irving Blvd in Dallas....terrible. Obviously that's just my opinion and I guess plenty of people like it cause they're still around but I've been there twice with a work group and thought it was sub par. Hell I'd say Dickey's is better than Slow Bone.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
            Blacks is good...but not even close to the best you no good for nothing dirty rotten liar
            Oh, well what's better, Franklin's, Snow's?
            I know that your favorite cut of meat is smoked sausage, fo sho...
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Love me some Huthins.
              Yea, they up their price to cover the expansion they are doing, asswipes..hahaha

I love their chicken. I just get their 2 meat..Brisket and chicken.

Hard 8 in coppell is aight. Went there couple times, and probably won't go there again for the drive. I know they made one in Colony/Frisco off of 121, but haven't tried it.

I need to try Pecan's and Lockhart. I just never get out to try it. Just need to do it..ha

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                I've never had Franklin's. I just can't handle a 2-3 hour wait for anything.

Snows was by far the most oveerrated joint ever. The food was terrible. Brisket had zero flavor. No smoke and no rub. Imagine a brisket tossed in the oven at 400 for an hour. You got it. Their only seating was outside, which is fine, except they keep the trash cans and trimmings close by so we were swarmed by flies the whole time. We set aside a whole day to drive out to that fucking shit hole and I've never been more disappointed.
                When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

i seldom eat bbq out anywhere. do like angelos chopped . went there everyday when i worked the trench .
                  i'm a little bias about my own q .

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    Heim in Fort Worth on Magnolia. Best BBQ north of Franklin's. Thank me later.
                    Ate there last week. That Big Cat sammich is legit.

Comment

Odoms bbq in west dallas

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I know that your favorite cut of meat is smoked sausage, fo sho...

Franklin's for sure. I also like Kerlin better but that place isn't hipster enough to be known (which means nearly no wait). I've never had snows or LA BBQ, but they're supposed to be top notch as well.

Blacks is certainly the best in Lockhart, and better than most DFW joints. It's got a better smoke flavor than most places without being bitter. But I've also had a "bad" plate from them once. The bad plate was still decent.

If you preorder...you don't have to wait in line at Franklin's anymore. But the line is part of the fun if you treat it like tailgating.

Comment

pappy williams trailer. poly freeway and mitchell blvd.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
                            pappy williams trailer. poly freeway and mitchell blvd.
                            I was waiting for that one....

Oak Acres is damn fine Q

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                              Forney has 4 Ts. It was on the 50 best in Texas this year.

Pecan lodge downtown Dallas
                              Lockhearts in bishop arts district
                              There is a B-que contest in Forney this coming up weekend!!

Comment

Originally posted by fitzwell View Post
                                I was waiting for that one....

Oak Acres is damn fine Q
                                he's the man who taught me and bear how to Q and bear was the one to put oak acres on the Q map.

geez that was in 76 . old man has been gone a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X