Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need a drainage/landscape guy

Sup

Not sure if Junior services mckinney area or not, but need someone to come look at my property and tell me what is best route to take to route water. I have ideas, but maybe someone who does this for living can tell me.
    Have other areas I need to look at but below is 1st on list

Pm me

Pic of flow

Definitely need a few more pictures to tell what is going on

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Yea
      I know need more pics.
      Will see how to get good ones.
      Pretty good size chunk i need someone to look at.

Reason i need to have someone talk it out with me in person there

Comment

Its a little better now that I'm looking at it on a computer screen. Is that how water is currently moving? If so, what/where are the trouble spots and what are you looking to accomplish? I deal with this daily at work in new construction.

It is best to find someone who has the ability to shoot elevations of your yard to know exactly where the issues are and how to manipulate the soil to move the water where it needs/you want it to go.

The other options are:

French Drain system $$$$$$
        Basic drain system with collection boxes $$$
        Dry well $$$$

A french drain is what an engineer will recommend if re-grading the lot isn't an option.

I attempted surface drains at my house, when I tied in my gutters with a drainage system. My lot was too flat compared to its size to get enough fall to allow everything to drain out. Monday I had 2-3" of water standing on 70% of my back yard. If you have good fall, it can be done with a trencher, some collection boxes and some drain pipe.

A dry well could be an option, depending on the soils ability to disperse excess water, the amount of water you are trying to deal with, and your overall goal.

Comment

Need a drainage/landscape guy

Yes
          That is flow of water starting left of pic and top left.

Was like this when i moved in. I just added rocks and plants there towards right

I was thinking french drain,basins?? To direct water straight to front instead of flowing down to rocks o have and washing what i have around it. Now it just pools up there on bottom right if pic.
          Site is blocked from work and i am not a good typer from phone. Haha

Comment

Is that a major roadway that you are on? The watrr draining down to a bar ditch and standing?

A catch basin and drain line may work, depending on the volume of water.

What is your end goal? Better yard? Eliminate standing water? Eliminate erosion?

Comment

Need a drainage/landscape guy

All of the above. Haha

No major road

It is eroding and standing water

Major rains, LOTS of water.
              I get water from from everyone on left and top left of pic cuz way it sopes down towards my place.
              Last edited by Rafa; 04-14-2017, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafa View Post
                All of the above. Haha

No major road

It is eroding and standing water

Major rains, LOTS of water.
                I get water from from everyone on left and top left of pic cuz way it sopes down towards my place.
                Gotcha,

I'm my street has a cul de sac at the end and I am the first house on the street. So the yard of everyone on my side of the street drains down through my yard. I've made great strides in the way that it drains, but it I still havne't completely fixed it. Mainly because I haven't wanted to mess with bringing someone in with a skid loader and re-grading my back yard, resetting the fence, etc.

So, you are essentially at the bottom of the hill, everything drains down through your yard, water picking up speed along the way, is eroding the area around the "rock valley" that was put in to help slow the water down, and then pooling there at the bottom. It looks like there is no where for that water there at the bottom to go really. Your best bet may be a dry well or two in that area, to eliminate that standing water. Basically a 50 gal drum with holes drilled in it, filled partially with rock and buried. Basically an underground collection tank that allows the water to seep out into the soil as the soil is able to take it.

The rest of it may take some kind of grading work if runoff is the issue. A catch basin and drain line may not be enough to handle that kind of flow.

Comment

Dry creek bed with rock to catch water and divert? Could be costly but would look nice if done right.

Comment

There's more houses down from me. Still slopes down from my house. It ends up in a creek not to far away.

I just need someone who does this to come by. Figure ask here 1st before I start looking elsewhere.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post

I attempted surface drains at my house, when I tied in my gutters with a drainage system. My lot was too flat compared to its size to get enough fall to allow everything to drain out. Monday I had 2-3" of water standing on 70% of my back yard. If you have good fall, it can be done with a trencher, some collection boxes and some drain pipe.

A dry well could be an option, depending on the soils ability to disperse excess water, the amount of water you are trying to deal with, and your overall goal.

Did you use corrugated pipe or pvc from you catch basins?
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                        Did you use corrugated pipe or pvc from you catch basins?
                        Corrugated. Same stuff we use on our new construction. Pvc was going to cost too much at the time. I know it is a lot easier to maintain fall and not have to worry as much about the ditch setting the fall for the pipe, but I just couldn't justify it.

Comment

i'd put in a dry well and a submersible sump pump.
                          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Working...
                          X