Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type null in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/bbcode/url.php on line 2 ATF repeal sig brace stance. - DFW Mustangs

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATF repeal sig brace stance.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blackout View Post

But is covers the blade and that's what I have on both my pistol builds. So I'm good with it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's their interpretation. The ATF letter stated that anything making the brace ridged to be used on the shoulder is still illegal. Tim with Military Arms Channel did a great video on it yesterday.
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
      That's their interpretation. The ATF letter stated that anything making the brace ridged to be used on the shoulder is still illegal. Tim with Military Arms Channel did a great video on it yesterday.
      Everything that is going around is just someone's interpretation until a judge backs it up, including the ATF..

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        Everything that is going around is just someone's interpretation until a judge backs it up, including the ATF..
        My point here is that the letter sent to SB Tactical was a closed letter sent only to SB Tactical, it was not an open letter sent to the industry stating that it's legal to shoulder pistols with braces. KAK or whoever the company making the blade brace is interpreting this letter as one that says shouldering a brace is no legal, when that's not the case, it only applies to the braces made by SB Tactical.
        Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
          My point here is that the letter sent to SB Tactical was a closed letter sent only to SB Tactical, it was not an open letter sent to the industry stating that it's legal to shoulder pistols with braces. KAK or whoever the company making the blade brace is interpreting this letter as one that says shouldering a brace is no legal, when that's not the case, it only applies to the braces made by SB Tactical.
          I get that but my point is that it's ALL just opinion until a judge makes a ruling.. The first letter, the open letter, the direct letter, everything.

People are acting as if these letters are law, and they are not. They may keep someone from getting prosecuted, or shut the mouths of the retarded gun range crowd that feels it is their job to police everyone, but ultimately it would be up to the judge to decide.

That's all I am saying. Everyone is getting too hung up on these stupid fucking letters and the opinions of a few people who post on the internet.

Comment

While the letters aren't law, they do help in clarifying the atf/doj position on what they would/could seek prosecution on. Sometimes, they help. Sometimes they hurt. But atleast they give some guidance on not getting a random knock on your door from an internet posting.

Comment

SB Tactical just released astounding news. The ATF has reversed their stance on shouldering “Stabilizing Braces” Saint Petersburg, Fla. (April, 25, 2017) – SB Tactical™, inventors and manufacturers of the Pistol Stabilizing Brace®, is excited to announce that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) has issued SB Tactical a reversal letter containing … Read More …

“an NFA firearm has not necessarily been made when the device is not reconfigured for use as a shoulder stock – even if the attached firearm happens to be fired from the shoulder. To the extent that the January 2015 Open Letter implied or has been construed to hold that incidental, sporadic, or situational “use†of an arm-brace (in its original approved configuration) equipped firearm from a firing position at or near the shoulder was sufficient to constitute “redesign,†such interpretations are incorrect and not consistent with ATF’s interpretation of the statute or the manner in which it has historically been enforced.â€

Comment

Did you even read the first paragraph?

"Saint Petersburg, Fla. (April, 25, 2017) – SB Tactical™, inventors and manufacturers of the Pistol Stabilizing Brace®, is excited to announce that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (BATFE) has issued SB Tactical a reversal letter containing a sensible clarification of the Bureau’s position on the lawful use of SB Tactical braces."

Will we see the same letter to other companies, maybe. Does this letter mean any and all braces regardless of the manufacturer, as of right now, no.

As I said before, the ATF hasn't come out with an open letter to the industry, this was just in response to SB Tactical regarding their braces.

Comment

Originally posted by David View Post
                  Any kind of pistol brace should be a violation at the end of the day.
                  I agree with that
                  Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                  HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
                    I agree with that
                    May I ask why?
                    G'Day Mate

Comment

"It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                        May I ask why?
                        Because nobody is being fooled by thinking anyone is really using it as a pistol and not rifle.

Comment

Because nobody is being fooled by thinking anyone is really using it as a pistol and not rifle.
                          This. That's not to say I think SBRs and suppressors should be as heavily regulated as they are.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

This. That's not to say I think SBRs and suppressors should be as heavily regulated as they are.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

But, why does that bother you personally? Is it that it could bring down further scrutiny on other issues because this one is 'abused'? That's the one big reason I could see against it.

I'm on the fence with it all. On one hand it's a loophole and is being exploited as needed to achieve an acceptable goal(something our POTUS has done in the past with his taxes), but on the other, it does go against the spirit of the law.

I have one and when needed I will use it as needed at that time. I'm not going to flaunt it, but I have it to do with as I see fit within the 'law'
                              G'Day Mate

Comment

I'm on the same page as you two about SBRs and suppressors as well. Way too much regulation on those items, as well as, SBSs.
                                G'Day Mate

Comment

Working...
                                X