Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever checked out chinese smartphone's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever checked out chinese smartphone's?

i was browsing the net and seen a few sites that import foreign smartphone's! the prices and specs on these phones are amazing.

I have a huawei, it's been great.

Comment

yea their phones look great!

Comment

I'm guessing they're much, much cheaper? My S7 edge was ridiculously priced at $730. But they cut that in half since we got 2 of them. But if you went in there only wanting one...$730

I have a LAUNCH diagnostic tablet, the x431 pro3. Chinese tablet. Can't complain.
        WH

Comment

I guess Samsung also has this but aren't you worried about spyware on Chinese stuff?

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            I guess Samsung also has this but aren't you worried about spyware on Chinese stuff?
            Actually the first thing that came to my mind. Not sure I am just paranoid about China though.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
              Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Actually the first thing that came to my mind. Not sure I am just paranoid about China though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                I'm guessing they're much, much cheaper? My S7 edge was ridiculously priced at $730. But they cut that in half since we got 2 of them. But if you went in there only wanting one...$730

I have a LAUNCH diagnostic tablet, the x431 pro3. Chinese tablet. Can't complain.

Comment

it doesn't matter what piece of electronics we buy because its all full of spyware
                  Last edited by scootro; 05-23-2017, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    it does matter what piece of electronics we buy because its all full of spyware
                    This was going to be my question. I still want a way to rip the u.s government's spyware out of any android device i have. Then again, maybe companies like the one in the link would just catch them at it. So they just gather it the source...the providers servers.
                    WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                      This was going to be my question. I still want a way to rip the u.s government's spyware out of any android device i have. Then again, maybe companies like the one in the link would just catch them at it. So they just gather it the source...the providers servers.
                      only speculating! but what about the iphone! i swear every update seems like it's doom for your expensive phone. if iphone8 comes out then iphone7 will update to it's demise.

I know allot of people that reject the updates because they are scared it will brick their phones!

Comment

Android updates used to be something I'd kind of look forward to. The last few... not so much. I'm not particularly worried about it bricking it, just the myriad of different changes and "fixes" that they deemed necessary, that I didn't. I didn't like the big update to my S7 that changed up the UI. I don't see any need for that.

And like with Windows 7 or 10, you're always expecting a big update to help the government spying. Android is open source, which they say is great. I've no doubt that open source is great, but I still question who exactly is combing through the code and understands it completely. Who exactly, is sitting there reading through the latest android code like you or I would read a book, and monitoring for the evil that could be written in?

My guess is that the number of people actually capable of doing that, and that ARE doing that regularly, are few.
                        WH

Comment

Damn son, that's some industrial grade tinfoil you're rockin there.

Comment

My favorite is the $20 smart watch.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                              My favorite is the $20 smart watch.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-And...dp/B01MZ46ASQ/
                              haha well it does have great reviews on amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X