No announcement yet.

SHTF - Bug in Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ol lady's family owns a few hundred acres in Aubrey, they have cattle, few ponds they keep stocked, and they do not allow hunting so there's deer running around like pets. Only person that lives there is an old man they've paid to keep the place up over the years and take care of the family when they stay in the guest house. Thats where Ill be going

Comment

Water- not nearly enough. A ton of bottles and some gallon jugs, but we are on a well. I'd fill the tubs and bleach.
      Non-perishable foods- not nearly enough. Probably 1 week's worth, excluding a 20lb bag of rice.
      Assorted firearms and what should be plenty of ammo. Unless we're talking post-apocalyptic SHTF...
      Don't own a generator, but I have a diesel and an inverter.
      House is all electric, but I have a camping stove and a few propane tanks to cook rice.
      Not necessarily a great bug-out vehicle, but I have a 7.3 4x4 Excursion. ~800 mile range.

My 2 downfalls are my home and my job. I live "down the street" from Keith in a comparable neighborhood. Large windows, hard to defend from all sides in a coordinated attack. My job requires me to be in close proximity to "sick people" almost every day, and I'm one of the ones expected to continue to show up for work if SHTF. My actions would have to be weighed against the circumstances and outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
        They'll just piss in a rag and rubber band it to their face. You're greatly over estimating the intelligence of looters.
        Hence the reason I want to decorate the house for Halloween in full on "Ebola quarantine....occupants infected!" Maybe I leave the decorations up a little too long also. The wife vetoed and I said to put a pin in it and we would re engage in a week.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

They'll just piss in a rag and rubber band it to their face.
          does that work?
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Question: Dan Bishop
            Challenge: Project Manager @ GE
            I thought it was

Question: is chuck there?
            Answer: choo choo
            Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
            It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              does that work?
              That was the WW1 US gas mask before we borrowed a design from the germans. Chlorine reacts with urea to make dichloro urea.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

That was the WW1 US gas mask before we borrowed a design from the germans. Chlorine reacts with urea to make dichloro urea.
                probably about as effective as the containment/ppe protocol that's currently in effect
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                  probably about as effective as the containment/ppe protocol that's currently in effect
                  probably.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Now that I have my 10 acre place in the country I'll be working on making it my bug in location.
                    92 LX 5.0

Comment

I wonder if there is anywhere Semi local that still has 5-10 acre lots that arent TOO far away..

300 miles away IMO is too far.. SHTF and getting 300 miles away might be tough... Makes me wish i could WFH and live in the middle of nowhere..
                      2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Grayson county has plenty of land.
                        Originally posted by MR EDD
                        U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

A guy I work with bought some land through the Texas Veteran's Land Board out past Mineral Wells, I think. All the lots were over 10ac and heavily wooded. He picked up 17ac with a year-round pond, and built a little cabin and some storage on it. Wood-burning stove, some solar, etc.

From what he said, even us civvies can purchase through the TVLB, you just don't get the discount.

Comment

Originally posted by hotrod66stang View Post
                            A guy I work with bought some land through the Texas Veteran's Land Board out past Mineral Wells, I think. All the lots were over 10ac and heavily wooded. He picked up 17ac with a year-round pond, and built a little cabin and some storage on it. Wood-burning stove, some solar, etc.

From what he said, even us civvies can purchase through the TVLB, you just don't get the discount.
                            http://www.glo.texas.gov/vlb/
                            So obviously, use a veteran to purchase the property.
                            ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Watched an interesting show on PBS called How We Got To Now With Steven Johnson

as a result of Dr John L. Leal's work I'm thinking some chlorine may be one of the best prep items

Comment

Was watching the news today, and the dignitaries in ebola stricken west africa were washing their hands with 'chlorine water' to kill the germs. Lends more credence to surviving some pandemic a trip to the pool store is in order

Comment

Working...
                                X