No announcement yet.

get off your butt and build something

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parts have been purchased for the black truck, and the Cougar is running around just fine. Next weekend is the Texas Thaw, and the weekend after that is Good Guys.

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
      Parts have been purchased for the black truck, and the Cougar is running around just fine. Next weekend is the Texas Thaw, and the weekend after that is Good Guys.
      Glad to hear the Cougar is back at it.

Comment

Well, I've been trying to work on mine every night this week. Monday was a bust (kids track meet), Tuesday was a bust because I couldn't find half the bolts I needed, but last night was a win. I got the drive shaft in, and the fuel tank out. Shockingly it wasn't empty like I thought it was. Going to dump it out and clean it, then replace all the rubber fuel lines and put it back in there. Torque converter bolts should be here today so I should have all the underneath stuff done by this weekend. Then it's just carb going back on, a/c compressor, power steering pump, oil pump, radiator, wire harness, and trans cooler lines. I'm getting really excited.

Comment

my 3/8 deadline is looking doable.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
            my 3/8 deadline is looking doable.
            That's badass man. Glad that land yacht is finally going to be steaming under it's own power.

Comment

Well, I've been trying to work on mine every night this week. Monday was a bust (kids track meet), Tuesday was a bust because I couldn't find half the bolts I needed, but last night was a win. I got the drive shaft in, and the fuel tank out. Shockingly it wasn't empty like I thought it was. Going to dump it out and clean it, then replace all the rubber fuel lines and put it back in there. Torque converter bolts should be here today so I should have all the underneath stuff done by this weekend. Then it's just carb going back on, a/c compressor, power steering pump, oil pump, radiator, wire harness, and trans cooler lines. I'm getting really excited.
              Keep at it, man! I found that I move faster and do better work if I mentally prepare and focus on starting and completing one thing at a time. Keep a checklist handy for those times when you randomly think of something that needs to get done - and also to make sure you don't overlook something. You'll get it knocked out.
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I would be out driving this thing if the stupid thing would run consistently. I took a few steps back recently by doing the wheel flares but I think it came out great so I don't care. I may be purchasing a new Microsquirt to replace the dated MS2 box, then I can start getting it squared away.

Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Originally posted by Z06killinsbf View Post
                  I would be out driving this thing if the stupid thing would run consistently. I took a few steps back recently by doing the wheel flares but I think it came out great so I don't care. I may be purchasing a new Microsquirt to replace the dated MS2 box, then I can start getting it squared away.

That thing looks killer!

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                    Keep at it, man! I found that I move faster and do better work if I mentally prepare and focus on starting and completing one thing at a time. Keep a checklist handy for those times when you randomly think of something that needs to get done - and also to make sure you don't overlook something. You'll get it knocked out.
                    Ya that's a good call I'll make a to do list tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      That's badass man. Glad that land yacht is finally going to be steaming under it's own power.
                      I plan on documenting the whole weekend. It's a pretty big deal for me.

Comment

I used a blue dry erase marker on the windshield.
                        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                          That’s a good idea!

Now, just a little motivation would help.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                            That’s a good idea!

Now, just a little motivation would help.
                            just get your lazy fucking ass off the couch and go get it done

did that help?

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
                              just get your lazy fucking ass off the couch and go get it done

did that help?
                              Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                                Keep a checklist handy for those times when you randomly think of something that needs to get done
                                Lists work. I usually do an Excel spreadsheet but the last 3 builds I did I went Road Kill style and used a Sharpe and cardboard.

Having the list also helps you schedule and buy what you need for the upcoming days

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                You must not have much of a list. ha

Comment

Working...
                                X