China buys controlling interest in US bank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• China buys controlling interest in US bank

At what point do we stop selling off this country to China? I'm actually surprised that this was allowed.

I'm surprised you're surprised. A prostitute generally doesn't turn down a paying client.

Comment

I just financed a car with them three months ago.
      Vortex rear stand $75
      8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
      My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
      but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
      11 4 door
      13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        I'm surprised you're surprised. A prostitute generally doesn't turn down a paying client.
        Well I guess I'm not shoked but I'm more surprised this is the first I have heard of it. You would think more people would have been pissed about this.

Comment

They bought a bank in Honk Kong which has a US subsidiary with 13 branches. ICBC already operates in the US.

It's not like BBVA (Spanish) buying Compass and operating in the States. Everyone was up in arms about the Spanish running the trans-Texas corridor, but not a $9.6 billion US bank?
          Men have become the tools of their tools.
          -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
            They bought a bank in Honk Kong which has a US subsidiary with 13 branches. ICBC already operates in the US.

It's not like BBVA (Spanish) buying Compass and operating in the States. Everyone was up in arms about the Spanish running the trans-Texas corridor, but not a $9.6 billion US bank?
            I have a choice to NOT use a bank. I don't want to have to pay a foreigner to get from point A to point B.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
              I have a choice to NOT use a bank. I don't want to have to pay a foreigner to get from point A to point B.
              I don't follow. You could also choose not to use the corridor (were it built), or other toll roads for that matter.
              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I don't follow. You could also choose not to use the corridor (were it built), or other toll roads for that matter.
                What a fucking fruit.

Do you realize they will take these from existing means? Big difference, Libby.

Comment

You know, up till late last year, BofA had controlling interest in a China bank.

Comment

There's a storm a commin!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                      What a fucking fruit.

Do you realize they will take these from existing means? Big difference, Libby.
                      You got me. I'm a closeted liberal.

These were to be parallel, not in lieu of existing modal pathways.

I was arguing against the rhetoric, not the fact. Of course the TTC was bullshit for a number of reasons. I brought it up because I recall xenophobic outrage as much as legitimate opposition.
                      -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Not when it blocks off your access to other roads. In the town I live in, the toll road would have blocked my access to I-45. I would have had to drive about 30 miles a day extra to get to work.

If they build a toll road and disable the regular public roads or if they eventually turn the existing major roads into toll roads, then yes, you would have to use the toll road to get anywhere.

Comment

You got me. I'm a closeted liberal.

These were to be parallel, not in lieu of existing modal pathways.

I was arguing against the rhetoric, not the fact. Of course the TTC was bullshit for a number of reasons. I brought it up because I recall xenophobic outrage as much as legitimate opposition.
                          What part was xeno?
                          The fact where they would split up towns or even individuals' land?
                          The fact where they would take your land by eminient domain if you didn't agree to their bottom dollar price?
                          The fact that they liked to publicize that you had a right to appeal their condemnation of your land and they would have 6 months to make their decision. Yet, in the meantime they could take bulldozers to your propery.
                          The fact that a foreign company would build it and make all of the money from it?
                          The fact that the easment would become Texas property and you would have to be part of their select group to build resturants or gas stations along it.
                          The fact that, even if it split your 500 acres down the middle, your land wouldn't increase in value because you couldn't set up any businesses along it?
                          The fact that Rick Perry was in cahoots with centra and his brother-n-law or some such worked for them? (forgot the exact fact)
                          The fact that they want to turn existing highways into toll roads?

Yea, those crazies were out of their minds to think that the TTC was a bad deal.
                          Last edited by line-em-up; 05-10-2012, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Not when it blocks off your access to other roads. In the town I live in, the toll road would have blocked my access to I-45. I would have had to drive about 30 miles a day extra to get to work.

If they build a toll road and disable the regular public roads or if they eventually turn the existing major roads into toll roads, then yes, you would have to use the toll road to get anywhere.
                            Thanks for clarifying. I wasn't aware they were going to be altering traffic to that extent.
                            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

What part was xeno? The part where they would split up towns or even individuals land? The part where they would take your land by eminient domain if you didn't agree to their price? The fact that a foreign company would build it and make all of the money from it? The fact that the easment would become Texas property and you would have to be part of their select group to build resturants or gas station along it. The fact that , even if it split your 500 acres down the middle, you land wouldn't increas in value because you couldn't set up any businesses alonfg it? The fact that they want to turn existing highways into toll roads?
                              Thank you for enumerating the "legitimate opposition" of my post.
                              -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X