SHTF - Bug in Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SHTF - Bug in Plan?

I think CJ started a good thread about "bugging out", so what is your place to stay in place / bug in?

Mine is kind of limited as I stay in a high density population with alot of apartments/townhouses and homes with no distance between them in my neighborhood. While it is a nice neighborhood it is also within what would become walking distance of not so nice areas.

So right now the plan is just to stay in place for a one week period until we can then hopefully utilize back roads to make it to a friends house outside the Gotham City metroplex.

Same plan. Going to CJ's.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Get to the shop. Plenty of guns, food, water, and a hard liquor there.

Anyone who wants to join can, just bring booze or women.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
        Same plan. Going to CJ's.
        I'm seeing a pattern.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I'll just hunker down, I have diesel and gas I rotate through with my vehicles, decent storage of food to live off of for a while, well water(with manual pump back up). etc. etc.

If I can live past the initial influx of mobs from Houston I would be good to go for a few months. Past that I'm sure food would be hard to find as everything would be shot up and killed.
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
            I'm seeing a pattern.
            Yeah, if there are feces hitting the whirling blades of a propeller, you'll soon see my shinning face.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Lol
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

CJ is too nice. My coworkers claim they are going to come to my house in a SHTF situation. I promptly ask them if they don't mind getting shot.

I'm not "prepping" up to support my family and friends... Just my family.
                "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                  CJ is too nice. My coworkers claim they are going to come to my house in a SHTF situation. I promptly ask them if they don't mind getting shot.

I'm not "prepping" up to support my family and friends... Just my family.
                  You assume that I dont have enough canned goods and bottled water to last a good few weeks already stored up, and would be relying on him for everything? I dont have near the stockpile of weapons or ammo, but he's a few blocks away, so it just makes good sense.

Comment

We will need a lot of arms to repopulate the wasteland, I can't shoot all of these guns myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                      You assume that I dont have enough canned goods and bottled water to last a good few weeks already stored up, and would be relying on him for everything? I dont have near the stockpile of weapons or ammo, but he's a few blocks away, so it just makes good sense.
                      Plus I know he has a soft spot for shooting machine guns while smoking a cigar and holding a bottle of whiskey in his hand. Some stock up on guns and ammo, I stock up on cigars and whiskey
                      Originally posted by Jester
                      Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                      He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                      Originally posted by Denny
                      What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                      FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

My parents live in an "uppity" neighborhood with the kind of folks that don't like guns (still cannot stand their neighbor). Yet I bet I can get a place amongst them since they will need a security detail guarding the gate.
                        I hope the gates are tougher than they look.

Parents have well water and an acre lot that we could grow food on. House is big enough we could probably fit all immediate family in there, but it would be tight.

Comment

Fuck you guys I am covered. You come to me. I will be at Costco. Or a tall building in Alliance with very few windows; not sure yet. And no, not the DEA's warehouse either.
                          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            Fuck you guys I am covered. You come to me. I will be at Costco. Or a tall building in Alliance with very few windows; not sure yet. And no, not the DEA's warehouse either.
                            Don't shoot when you see a guy walking up to a costco or hangar smoking a cigar pulling pulling wagon with boxes that are nearly falling over. There's enough to go around for everyone.
                            Originally posted by Jester
                            Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                            He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                            Originally posted by Denny
                            What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                            FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Plan is to lockdown, let the stupid people kill themselves off. Once the majority of the idiots kill each other (accidents, riots, etc) then we can start foraging for additional fuel/vehicles/supplies to go rural. 72-96 hrs prolly.

If any Lord of the Flies gangs start up, they can be dealt with or avoided as required.

I think a lot of pandemic films have it right that in the initial stages of a disaster, people will all pile into a car and just go - then they either die in a traffic jam riot or a car accident. After that its just avoiding disease and injury.

Comment

Working...
                              X