No announcement yet.

SHTF - Bug in Plan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IMO most houses are not defendable. no front fence... TONS of glass windows...

i would load everything i can into the expy.. and head to costco that place is a fucking fortress
    2016 250 Mini dozer

No matter how fast light travels it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
      You assume that I dont have enough canned goods and bottled water to last a good few weeks already stored up, and would be relying on him for everything? I dont have near the stockpile of weapons or ammo, but he's a few blocks away, so it just makes good sense.
      Ehhhh, that could make since.

I'm referring to the guys that just have one AR and enough food for a few days showing up thinking they can mooch off my stock pile.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Just remember the sign/countersign
        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Grab all the guns/ammo and head out to my parents. They have a water well and generator. As a single guy all I have is guns and ammo, no food besides steak in the freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
            My parents live in an "uppity" neighborhood with the kind of folks that don't like guns (still cannot stand their neighbor). Yet I bet I can get a place amongst them since they will need a security detail guarding the gate.
            I hope the gates are tougher than they look.

Parents have well water and an acre lot that we could grow food on. House is big enough we could probably fit all immediate family in there, but it would be tight.
            One acre doesnt even allow one person to live off.
            First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I'm going to my families farm out west. 4k acres with wells, livestock, 1k of farm diesel at any giving time, and there is a ton of windmills on the property. We've actually have this conversation before in the family...
              You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

My GF and I will head to her bosses parents farm. Land, cattle, ran off of a generator. Stop by the clinic for medical supplies.
                Originally posted by Leah
                Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  My GF and I will head to her bosses parents farm. Land, cattle, ran off of a generator. Stop by the clinic for medical supplies.
                  Between her boss and I we have plenty of firearms and ~20k rounds ammo
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Great thread. Started to make it myself yesterday but didn't and just posted in CJ's instead.

Comment

Staying home. To cold outside to leave in the winter, to hot come summer.

Comment

Originally posted by White_lightning View Post
                        i would load everything i can into the expy.. and head to costco that place is a fucking fortress
                        Plus everyone knows that zombies don't carry Costco cards. So they won't be able to get in.

Comment

If it's a zombie apocalypse, I'll probably barricade our house for a while.

If it's a situation where martial law goes into effect and the government blocks off neighborhoods while they go door to door confiscating weapons and imprisoning citizens, I doubt we'll know well enough in advance to really do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                            If it's a zombie apocalypse, I'll probably barricade our house for a while.

If it's a situation where martial law goes into effect and the government blocks off neighborhoods while they go door to door confiscating weapons and imprisoning citizens, I doubt we'll know well enough in advance to really do anything.
                            you'll hear the gunshots from my house. WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                              you'll hear the gunshots from my house. WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
                              And Elvis was just bumped up on the watch list.
                              Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                              It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                And Elvis was just bumped up on the watch list.
                                Modern day Paul Revere
                                Originally posted by Sean88gt
                                You can take white off the list. White on anything is the best, including vehicles, women, and the Presidency.
                                Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder
                                You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler.

Comment

Working...
                                X